PDA

View Full Version : rename war: Tablet PC vs Graphic Tablet

alexan
June 24th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Introduction (you can jump this): I do use google to solve my problem. I'd never underestimate the power of the words... time ago for learn/fix/use my problem with linux I'd use the common way to fix my problem was
google > linux + > search > search > search > tar.gz > make > readme.txt > yum > rpm > solution
(with windows was the same, but substitute with "virus" "spyware" "bloatware" "dialers" :lolflag: )
Now, thanks to ubuntu, my problem with linux are [i]renamed: I no longer use "linux" to keyword but "ubuntu" and the magic was unleashed
google > ubuntu + [id for my problem] > *.deb/howto > solution
/end introduction

Now.. I've a problem with my graphic tablet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_tablet).. it's not hardware related.. but human: my hand vibe too much when digital inking and this is not desired (I know I can work this out with other tricks.. but I want acquire that skill for my bare hands). And, sadly discover that google is unable to help me :confused:

I can't find solution because of that stuff (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tablet_PC) :lolflag:

kamaboko
June 24th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I say just call it "Dude".

VH-BIL
June 24th, 2010, 06:30 PM
I dont understand, you dont know how to search from your tablet?

juancarlospaco
June 24th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Mah Gimpz want Wacommmm

VH-BIL
June 24th, 2010, 07:09 PM
You can call it the "Flat Square Thing With Pictures On It"

alexan
June 26th, 2010, 08:59 AM
I say just call it "Dude".
It's not about how I call it.. but how call the one with the guide/tutorial/stuff I am looking for

I dont understand, you dont know how to search from your tablet?I can't search for tutorial on "how increase my skills with a graphic tablet"
way of google:
[name tool] [name skill] [pratice]
example: tablet "neat lines" improve
example 2: guitar speed exercise

the second example work.. because there's no ambiguity. :guitar:

You can call it the "Flat Square Thing With Pictures On It"

Both graphic tablet (icon shortcut on border) and tablet pc (when it's power on) are flat.... square... and with pictures on it.

DoubleClicker
June 26th, 2010, 09:34 AM
I can see where, 10 years from now, it will be called an iPad, no matter who makes it, or what OS it's running.

Band aid...
Kleenex...
Frisbee...
Thermos...
iPad...