PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Swap icons for max and minimize

Nate_the_Ace
June 24th, 2010, 01:24 PM
I would like to start out by saying that I finally got my wireless card working, it only took the installation of a pre-release kernel.

Now that the wireless is working I am using Ubuntu full time again. (Yay!) I have only one problem.

You see, when I do a fresh install the first thing I do is reduce the size of all the fonts, and eliminate the lower panel. That is where the problem makes itself known, the default theme, which I like, assumes that when I minimize a window, it will be going down. For me, this is not the case. My window list is on the top panel, the only panel. This has actually caused some usability problems with my wife, who "uses" my laptop when she's over. She, and I, think that the down arrow, which points towards the default location of the window list should now be used to maximize the window, and the up arrow should be minimize.

Now, is there a specific location where these theme icons can be found and renamed to suit my needs? I do believe a simple name change for both the maximize and minimize icons will be all the we require?

Thanks in advanced,
-Nate