PDA

View Full Version : Jamendo artist homepage mentions Ubuntu and Linux

aysiu
June 24th, 2010, 03:58 AM
I like the idea of the Jamendo, but I haven't found a lot of good music on it (a lot of ambience trance stuff).

There are some gems, though. Julandrew is one of them (I particularly like "Crazy As" and "Without You").

On the Julandrew website (http://www.julandrew.com/), it says right on the front page:
Linux Users Outnumbered Microsoft Users On This Site
This month 50% of you are visiting our site using Linux. 39% are Windows users. Help get that Linux number even higher and try Ubuntu. And also never have to worry about the anti-virus racket or giving up your existing windows installation. Pretty cool.

aysiu
June 24th, 2010, 08:02 PM
After donating to them, I got a personal thank-you email from them, and they said they use Ubuntu and open source software for everything (Ardour for music, MythTV for TV). Also pretty cool.

Am I the only one that cares? Possibly.

dragos240
June 24th, 2010, 08:06 PM
After donating to them, I got a personal thank-you email from them, and they said they use Ubuntu and open source software for everything (Ardour for music, MythTV for TV). Also pretty cool.

Am I the only one that cares? Possibly.

You're not the only one. I mean, you'll occasionally see someone who knows about linux and open source things. But it just happens. Nothing big IMHO.

FuturePilot
June 24th, 2010, 08:20 PM

Wow, that's pretty cool!

madjr
June 24th, 2010, 10:00 PM
oh really cool

aoikle
June 29th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Andrew emerges. dragos240's (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=632019) Is a sad man to waste his time writing a comment like that. There is no need to dis anyone's enthusiasm. It *is* a big deal! It *is* important to promote OSS in every way we can. Shame, shame.