PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Uninstalling ubuntu

Itqan
June 23rd, 2010, 05:18 PM
hi i am running into some some sort of problem with ubuntu 10.4 32 bit.its hangs badly after 5 mins of starting my computer. i have installed it with XP and i chose the option install side by side with windows and now i dont know where it is installed. so how do i remove it without getting my XP corrupt?:confused:

thanks in advanced

dino99
June 23rd, 2010, 05:24 PM
have you checked your driver activation ?
(system admin hardware driver)

into a terminal:

fdisk -l

then remove it with the path given above

mini howto: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9216264&postcount=14

darkod
June 23rd, 2010, 05:30 PM
Use your XP cd to revert to windows boot process first. If you need instructions:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1014708

After that is done the computer will start booting XP directly. You can't see the linux partitions in My Computer if that's what you expect.

Once XP is working fine with its own bootloader, just open Disk Management and delete the ubuntu partitions. Then create new ntfs partition from that space to use it for windows data.

Deleting the ubuntu partitions will delete all data on it, so copy all data you need from it before starting all this.

gdonwallace
June 23rd, 2010, 06:30 PM
You should also check the add/remove programs in control panel.

It has been a while since I used the wubi install to "install" ubuntu within windows, but I think there should be an option to remove it.

darkod
June 23rd, 2010, 07:31 PM
i chose the option install side by side with windows

That's a full install, not wubi. There shouldn't be anything regarding ubuntu in Add/Remove Programs.

hip
June 23rd, 2010, 07:50 PM
hi i am running into some some sort of problem with ubuntu 10.4 32 bit.its hangs badly after 5 mins of starting my computer. i have installed it with XP and i chose the option install side by side with windows and now i dont know where it is installed. so how do i remove it without getting my XP corrupt?:confused:

thanks in advanced

remember if you are going to dual boot xp and ubuntu you have to scan disk and disk defrag before installing linux. that should fix it if not . check back to the forums.:guitar:

Itqan
July 6th, 2010, 08:17 PM
thanxx guys will try that out tommorow any suggestions for installing any previous stable versions?

Itqan
July 10th, 2010, 10:13 AM
oh my god i tried the same but it deleted 4 more partitions with it automatically. how can i get them back????

i mean data on them?

can i get it back somehow?