June 23rd, 2010, 03:39 AM
Does not make me smile.
It's cheap.

I also think this is against the CoC.

Windows Nerd
June 23rd, 2010, 03:40 AM
kinda amusing and funny, but not funny at the same time :o

probably gimped :)
Probably Gimped, but it's true. Thats why there is a law in my province of no eletronic devices when driving, except for handsfree devices or one-touch devices; new drivers do not have that exception.

proggy
June 23rd, 2010, 03:41 AM
Does not make me smile.
It's cheap.

Wow ok

SoFl W
June 23rd, 2010, 03:43 AM
probably gimped :)

Made me smile. Never understood how photo editing became known as "photoshopping" in the first place. Probably that darn Fark site. I was editing photos before Photoshop was around, and it has been done since photos were around.

Windows Nerd
June 23rd, 2010, 03:45 AM
Does not make me smile.
It's cheap.

Outline why you think it is against CoC? It is just a sign (from a church) that happens to be expressing their faith whilst providing some useful advice to drivers. And the statement is totally true, too. It does not offend anyone or provoke a flame war.

matt-fender
June 23rd, 2010, 03:58 AM
*Ahem*

As a motorcyclist... i can survive without a radio, heater, comfy seats, AND my mobile phone. Why can't everyone else?

Most people who use a mobile phone while driving tend to bring other people with them to meet Jesus :/

witeshark17
June 23rd, 2010, 04:00 AM
It's kinda funny...

Ric_NYC
June 23rd, 2010, 04:08 AM
Tacky!

magmon
June 23rd, 2010, 06:08 AM
Provided Jesus exists : D

Fastest way to kill a conversation in history.

On an unrelated note, Colorado made texting while driving illegal this year. I wouldn't have done it anyway lol. It's darwinism. The people stupid enough to be looking down in a 70 MPH aluminum death machine deserve what comes to them.

7G Operator
June 23rd, 2010, 06:49 AM
Haha 70mph aluminium death machine, dude that is awesome, you come up with that ya self man? As for topic yeah texting whilst driving isn't the best idea is it really.

- Dan

betrunkenaffe
June 23rd, 2010, 07:12 AM
Probably Gimped, but it's true. Thats why there is a law in my province of no eletronic devices when driving, except for handsfree devices or one-touch devices; new drivers do not have that exception.

MB just implemented this but haven't seen a single person pulled over and tons still doing it..

On an unrelated note, Colorado made texting while driving illegal this year. I wouldn't have done it anyway lol. It's darwinism. The people stupid enough to be looking down in a 70 MPH aluminum death machine deserve what comes to them.

But did the family walking across the street?

magmon
June 23rd, 2010, 07:17 AM
But did the family walking across the street?

It's not my place to tell. I believe in a grand plan. Being a victim of a random act of violence, I have to think that if I can keep going, so could anyone else.

However, this is most likely the type of situation that led our state to make texting while driving illegal.

dmn_clown
June 23rd, 2010, 07:18 AM
Of course, it is always the victim's fault. Just ask BP executives.

betrunkenaffe
June 23rd, 2010, 07:28 AM
It's not my place to tell. I believe in a grand plan. Being a victim of a random act of violence, I have to think that if I can keep going, so could anyone else.

However, this is most likely the type of situation that led our state to make texting while driving illegal.

The point is if a person up and throws themselves onto a sword, blows up themselves (and only themselves) up or accidentally shoots themselves, it's Darwinism at work. When you provide a wholesale mechanism that can take non-idiots with the idiot, it's not going to be very effective anymore. Sort of like giving a nuke to everyone and suggesting that hitting the button might not give them donuts. While the smart ones won't touch the button, those who do still kill them.

magmon
June 23rd, 2010, 07:36 AM
I understand the factual point you where making, but I was speaking more in terms of theory and faith. But, we're tangenting. Got any texting stories?

pommie
June 23rd, 2010, 07:49 AM
Might not have been 'Gimped', maybe the reverend/priest (whatever) realises that a bit of humor is the best way to get the message across.
-------------------

"The National Safety Council released a report recently that showed 28% of the roughly 1.6 million crashes yearly are caused by drivers on cell phones or texting."

nuff said

From here, www.jerebeasleyreport.com/2010/04/texting-while-driving-said-to-cause-death-of-bicyclist/ (http://www.jerebeasleyreport.com/2010/04/texting-while-driving-said-to-cause-death-of-bicyclist/)
--------------------

It has been illegal to text or use a mobile (hands free is allowed for now) in Australia for years.

Cheers David

MichealH
June 23rd, 2010, 07:57 AM
Does not make me smile.
It's cheap.

Correctamundo. It actually is about religion which, Is against the CoC

magmon
June 23rd, 2010, 07:58 AM
Anything can be made about religion. The OP just gave an example of something that fits his topic.

betrunkenaffe
June 23rd, 2010, 05:05 PM
Correctamundo. It actually is about religion which, Is against the CoC

Really? Which religion has it in their holy books that you shouldn't text and drive?

I thought it was about a sign which happens to be from a church trying to be witty about people being stupid.

Just because someone is religious doesn't mean they can't make the same observations without it being about religion. Same as a politician asking people to not drink and drive, sure it looks good for him, but that might just be the message he'd really like to get out there.

Thelasko
June 23rd, 2010, 05:13 PM
Story Time!

I was once driving home from school and was waiting to make a left turn at a light. The light gave us a green arrow to make a left turn, but the guy in front of me didn't move. I honk my horn and the guy slowly drives away.

I pass the guy quickly, because he is driving slowly on a road with a high speed limit (55 mph). As I'm passing I see him looking down and the glow of his phone reflecting on his face.

A few seconds later I look in my rear view mirror to see a car on my bumper. It was a cop pacing me to measure my speed. I wasn't speeding though. It just looked like I was because the guy I passed was going so slow.

I'm still mad about that to this day. That cop was going after the wrong guy! I wasn't the one texting while driving!

On a side note: Layoff the religion talk unless you want this thread to be closed!

Windows Nerd
June 23rd, 2010, 05:58 PM
Really? Which religion has it in their holy books that you shouldn't text and drive?

I thought it was about a sign which happens to be from a church trying to be witty about people being stupid.

Just because someone is religious doesn't mean they can't make the same observations without it being about religion. Same as a politician asking people to not drink and drive, sure it looks good for him, but that might just be the message he'd really like to get out there.
This^

Seriously though, does the sign do any harm?

Nytram
June 23rd, 2010, 07:12 PM
made me smile

McRat
June 23rd, 2010, 07:50 PM
If you text while you drive, you should have your driver's license revoked permanently.

You are apparently lacking enough intelligence to figure out how to operate a motor vehicle. You can't fix a lack of base intelligence.

It has surpassed drunk driving in lethality. A DD is accident is fatal than a texting accident. You can drive better incoherently drunk than you can while texting.

whiskeylover
June 23rd, 2010, 07:55 PM
I even browse this forum while driving. I'm doing it right now. See, I can drive and post at the s[EOF]

McRat
June 23rd, 2010, 08:21 PM
Simple quiz:

What are the consequences of a lack of control over your vehicle?

Why is there a clear windshield in your car?

What is that round thing in front of you for?

Is there any text that you can send that is worth more than your neighbor's life?

How do you know how good the other drivers on the road are?

===================

I'm a professionally trained driver, both M/Cs and autos. Roadracing, Desert Racing, Drag Racing, Tractor Pulling, MotoX, AutoX, and Land Speed Racing. And I've taught racing classes. I have over a million miles in cars, and over 100,000 on motorcycles. I hold several competition licenses, and 4 land speed records. I have extremely good reaction times even under high stress.

But I'm certainly not a good enough driver to text while driving. I seldom even answer a "hands-free" telephone call while driving in traffic. I'm completely good with killing myself if my skills or car let me down, but on the street, it's not just my life.

There are many, many drivers far better than I'll ever be, but I doubt any teenager with a text phone qualifies.

Penguin Guy
June 23rd, 2010, 09:19 PM
The people stupid enough to be looking down in a 70 MPH aluminum death machine deserve what comes to them.
Wow, someone doesn't like cars :P

EDIT: Does is really matter if there was a religious reference? I don't think it's harming anyone.

KiwiNZ
June 23rd, 2010, 09:37 PM
Following Resolution Center decision , this thread is closed

Please note this closure is not the result of any action by any member posting here . The Res Center merely brought it to our attention.
The "Religious" nature puts it on the fringe of the rules for this Forum and the inevitable will happen.