PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Configuring panel autohide operation

buchs
June 22nd, 2010, 01:47 PM
I am using 9.10 Ubuntu with the Compiz window manager. I am interested in changing the behavior of the panel (top and bottom) autohide operation. I have been in the CompizConfig Settings Manager / General Options and changed the Edge Trigger delay but that does not seem to impact how fast the panels unhide when I am at the edges. I would like to delay the response time before unhide occurs. Also, I would like to narrow the trigger region so that I have to be closer to the edge to trigger it. Does anyone know how to control these things? Can you direct me to any documentation? I am comfortable working underground (command line, editing, programming) but I often find myself stepping into an ocean when I try to solve simple problems, so I would like to build on others experiences. Thanks.

Breambutt
June 22nd, 2010, 01:49 PM
Alt+F2 > gconf-editor > /apps/panel/toplevels/top_panel_screen0

I'm actually on Lucid but you can at least use the search in gconf-editor if the location on your machine differs from this proposition.

buchs
June 22nd, 2010, 02:04 PM
Excellent! Thanks very much! You've opened a new door on customization in Ubuntu for me. The location was the same in 9.10.