PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] install using wubi

donhinrichs
June 22nd, 2010, 10:21 AM
I have downloaded the wubi.exe when I want to run the program it get an error message saying that there is not disk in the drive.
I have done this on other computers and never had a problem

wilee-nilee
June 22nd, 2010, 10:23 AM
Why are you choosing wubi, a dual boot will be easier to maintain and fix if you have any problems.

donhinrichs
June 22nd, 2010, 10:26 AM
because it has worked very well on 3 other computers. It ends up with a dual boot system

wilee-nilee
June 22nd, 2010, 10:30 AM
because it has worked very well on 3 other computers. It ends up with a dual boot system

You should download the standard ISO so you have a cd in case needed that will install.

Actually wubi isn't a dual boot technically it is a Ubuntu file in a ntfs partition. I let you know this in case you get into trouble just make sure you mention the wubi install.;)

moongia
June 22nd, 2010, 10:34 AM
I have downloaded the wubi.exe when I want to run the program it get an error message saying that there is not disk in the drive.
I have done this on other computers and never had a problem

i had the same problem,,dont know how to fix it,but the few time i got it to work,all i did was click on "continue" like a mad man,sooner or latter the wubi install screen pops up..

wilee-nilee
June 22nd, 2010, 10:39 AM
I know it seems that installing without a cd seems to be the way to go but a Linux cd will allow you to access almost any OS and recover needed files lost if the OS breaks. The smartest thing a user can do is have the install cd/dvd / and a HD external HD with everything backed up to it.