PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Video problem after upgrade to Lucid

Dreadlock man
June 21st, 2010, 11:01 PM
Hi All,

I recently upgrade from Karmic, where everything worked perfect, to Lucid, and I've found myself with a bunch of problems to solve. One of them and the most urgent, is related to the X server I think.
In Karmic I was using the proprietary drivers for my ATi card (Radeon HD3200), but when moved to Lucid, compiz stop to function and I got lagging effect when scrolling, moving windows,etc. I uninstalled de fglrx drivers and the video perfomance improved, but I still get some video problems during the boot and the shutdown sequence.

For example, I get no video during the bootsplash, where It supossed to be an ubuntu logo with a progress bar, the video goes black. And when I shutdown/reboot the machine I get a white and black screen(with white little dots) like if something in the X server crashed.

I dont know what to do next, cause I've already installed the ATI drivers (I read about fault segmentation problems in the realese notes), which most of the time are the cause of video problem.

I really want compiz get to work again, or at least get a decent video performance without any weird screen

Any help would be great

Dreadlock man
June 23rd, 2010, 11:31 PM
Bump. Am I the only one with this problem?. I dont know why upgrading is so difficult, should be a simple proccedure with minor issues. Not more hedaches