PDA

View Full Version : Oath

proggy
June 21st, 2010, 07:29 PM
I do solemnly swear that I will not try to modify,tweak of any kind my installation seeing that it is working perfectly.
So help me God.

samalex
June 21st, 2010, 07:33 PM
I do solemnly swear that I will not try to modify,tweak of any kind my installation seeing that it is working perfectly.
So help me God.

Good luck :)

Sam

Sporkman
June 21st, 2010, 07:34 PM
Good luck! That's a tough one, at least it is for me...

Rubi1200
June 21st, 2010, 07:36 PM
So help me God.

:lolflag:

So basically you want people to stop being...well people; infallible, curious, stupid, innovative etc etc etc

I learned more about Ubuntu by tweaking and fiddling (leading, of course, to more than a few re-installs) than if I had left well alone. Of course, I SHOULD have known better and I should NOT have fiddled, but after all we are only human *sigh*

red_Marvin
June 21st, 2010, 07:45 PM
Absence of breakage speaks of room for improvement.

Random_Dude
June 21st, 2010, 07:52 PM
So help me God.

Must resist... temptation... too strong...

donkyhotay
June 21st, 2010, 07:53 PM
It's by consistently breaking/tweaking my system that I have learned so much about it.

chiliman
June 21st, 2010, 07:56 PM
So help me God.

well thats just no fun.

proggy
June 21st, 2010, 08:02 PM
well thats just no fun.
I know but if do (seeing it`s finally summer) i get to go out in the sun a little.

Dragonbite
June 21st, 2010, 08:33 PM
So help me God.

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

SoFl W
June 21st, 2010, 08:36 PM
So help me God.

Oh come on, you know you want to. All the other kids are doing it.

The Real Dave
June 21st, 2010, 09:33 PM
I've made that promise before >.< Lasted maybe a week. :rolleyes:

zuerston
June 21st, 2010, 10:51 PM
So help me God.

Me too!
I used to install everything in the Synaptic menu just for posterity,and before long it was broken! Seems all those WI-FI and Wireless gadgets will mess it up too when too many are installed, I don't think you can "really" completely UN-install anything,cause when you reinstall the same,all settings will be back again in spite of telling Synaptic to "Remove everything"
So I only install only what is necessary.
):P
This forum is featured on my website for the world to see!
http://www.zuerst1.com/index.php/this-weeks-videos/

betrunkenaffe
June 21st, 2010, 11:00 PM
Been not messing considerably since installed 10.04. Installed Vbox, ps3 media server, deluge, snes9x, restricted extras, hp printer, ubuntu tweak (to change login screen a bit) and some games from humble bundle,

I don't really feel like spending holidays or free time playing around with settings and fixing something I broke (which is why power saving still doesn't work in Windows XP)

nerdy_kid
June 21st, 2010, 11:43 PM
yeah ive tried that before....lasted about -- um a day?

Timmer1240
June 21st, 2010, 11:47 PM
Ive been leaving mine be lately but once in a while I find a new program!

Legendary_Bibo
June 22nd, 2010, 12:37 AM
I do it to my other computer, I see what breaks it and what doesn't :D
Installation for a lot of distros is less than 10 minutes so I end up breaking distros a lot. Ubuntu, not so much. It is a strong one, and anti-stupid. Which is why I chose it. :D

Liverbones
June 22nd, 2010, 12:51 AM
You know, once you've broken it enough times, you start to learn what actually works.

Sometimes.

ubunterooster
June 22nd, 2010, 03:25 AM
I have a partition that I use only for helping others so I have a copy of a default install; I can't stop messing with THAT!

Linuxforall
June 22nd, 2010, 03:39 AM
I am with ya.....haven't even tried changing the theme or the wallpaper and it just works damn fine to fiddle with anyways.

kamaboko
June 22nd, 2010, 04:45 AM
Hell, we all fail at that one.

Dragonbite
June 22nd, 2010, 01:36 PM
Actually, I have been trying to be "hands off" with the family desktop, but my laptop, for which I have multiple drives in their own caddy cases, are a little different.

I have one hard drive I desperately try and keep as my "primary" drive and the other hard drives are for me to mess around with.

It's a tenuous relationship, trying to keep it all in balanced.

rob22941
June 22nd, 2010, 03:29 PM
So help me God.

We can only hope.