PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] gnome-shell broken with today update

giorsat
June 21st, 2010, 06:49 PM
Hi everybody. Today I updated the gnome-shell package from ricotz ppa and it gave me a bunch of errors.
now I have the gnome-shell package broken and I'm not able to delete it nor with synaptic nor with apt-get purge
it gives a glib compile schemas not foud exit error status 127

what can I do to get rid of this package and try reinstall? or is it a problem of the gnome-shell package itself?

yossell
June 21st, 2010, 07:42 PM
Since it's from another ppa I wonder if this might help you at least remove it.

http://www.webupd8.org/2009/12/remove-ppa-repositories-via-command.html

giorsat
June 21st, 2010, 08:00 PM
thank you but I can't install a new deb package until this one is purged or installed properly

milky2313
June 21st, 2010, 09:36 PM
I got the same error. Looks like a problem in the most recent gnome-shell package. I found a temporary fix to at least remove the package:

sudo ln -s /bin/true /bin/glib-compile-schemas

Then you should be able to properly uninstall the gnome-shell package. When you are finished uninstalling, get rid of the link created by the above command:

sudo rm /bin/glib-compile-schemas

wojox
June 21st, 2010, 09:42 PM
Build it and you won't have those problems. :p

urasmm01
June 22nd, 2010, 03:00 AM
I had the same problem with ricotz packages. Seems like the dependencies are off. To get the missing dependency, glib-compile-schemas, install the libglib2.0-dev package.

sudo apt-get install libglib2.0-dev

Then install or remove gnome-shell.

sudo apt-get install gnome-shell
or

sudo apt-get remove gnome-shell

giorsat
June 22nd, 2010, 07:43 AM
thanks!!!

impresionist
June 29th, 2010, 06:19 PM
I had the same problem with ricotz packages. Seems like the dependencies are off. To get the missing dependency, glib-compile-schemas, install the libglib2.0-dev package.

sudo apt-get install libglib2.0-dev

Then install or remove gnome-shell.

sudo apt-get install gnome-shell
or

sudo apt-get remove gnome-shell

Hello,
I'm installing the Empathy 2.31 in my Lucid, and when I run the ./autogen.sh, I get configure: error: glib-compile-schemas not found

I compile the libglib2, and the nome-shell as you said, but no way, I still getting the same error...
Any help, please!
Thanks in advance,

Elktro
November 7th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Same problem! I'm trying to compile evince-2.91.1, but configure gives:

configure: error: glib-compile-schemas not found.

libglib2.0-dev I already have. and installing gnome shell didn't help.

doraimom
February 7th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Hi.
I'm having the same problem with the package glib-compile-schemas, needed to install System Load Indicator.

My system is debian stable kernel 2.6.32-5-686.
I have installed all libglib packages listed in Synaptics.

I can't find neither the package libglib2.0-BIN (no libglib ended with BIN in the list of my repository) nor gnome-shell in my repository:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free

How can I solve this dependency problem with the package glib-compile-schemas?
Thank you

andisl
February 25th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Thank you a lot!

This help me to get rid of Cinnamon, showing error message "E: cinnamon-extensions-extended-places-menu: subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 127"

Andis