PDA

View Full Version : How many of you earn money online..?

karthick87
June 21st, 2010, 11:53 AM
I have seen lot of people saying that they earn $2000 per month and so on..Is that true..?Is it possible to earn money through online..?If so how many of you are earning money through online and kindly share your experience,this may help lot of people...Thanks in advance...!

phr0ze
June 21st, 2010, 02:19 PM
Take what you are good at and do it online if possible. Earning money online is not easy and is very competitive, especially if you are trying to sell something or make websites.

The easiest way may be to apply for a legit job that has the opportunity to work at home. (Not a job that says 'Earn $7k/mo working at home' Those are scams.)

The hard way is to decide on a business you can mostly run online, do your research and put together a business plan. Start it and go get some clients. Getting clients will be the hard part, and depending on the business you may find you will spend more time attracting clients, than anything else.

philinux
June 21st, 2010, 02:22 PM
Moved to Café.

dragos240
June 21st, 2010, 02:40 PM
What. You mean those fake ads that say that they got rich online. Scams. They even made up a fake news website about this, if it was that easy, everyone would be rich.

eriktheblu
June 21st, 2010, 02:44 PM
My wife works online. She does tech support and public relations for a World of Warcraft related site.

samalex
June 21st, 2010, 03:31 PM
There are some gimmicks that show you how to setup a wholesale website to resale crap you might see in Oriental Trading Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com), and yeah I don't think i'd mess with those.

From an IT standpoint, I still think there's a huge market still out there for web designers or online application developers. That's the biggest way I've seen people make money, especially if you can do hosting, email, etc. And if you have a few local clients you can even do this part time in the evenings ... that's what my wife and I do.

Another new market that's coming up is writing mobile apps for the iPhone or Android. If you can write a nice application that works well and gets lots of attention, even at a few bucks per user you can make a good chunk of change.

Sam

madjr
June 21st, 2010, 04:23 PM
My wife works online. She does tech support and public relations for a World of Warcraft related site.

oh thats the dream job :D

tips for working online:

-it's not easy, it can be as hard or harder than working offline (except for costs)

-Learning this takes time. Learning the business can take a year or more.

-it changes quickly. What made money for you 1 year, may not work so well years later. you must be always on the trend.

-To start you'll need to dedicate a lot of time. You may be working even 16 hours straight some days, just don't over do it.

-Dont leave your day job yet. Unless you're earning 1,500+ online, dont leave your day job.

-Get educated. Education is key in the modern globalized world.
Learn how to interact with people and be competitive.

-Learn YOGA / Zen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen). These are serious life-changing meditation techniques. Clear your mind, focus and learn how to breath <<- probably one of the best things you can learn and key to success.

So thats it. Dont quit your job or school and have a schedule to work a few times a week on your online or programing projects.

The worst you can do is think of getting rich quick or being desperate. YOU WILL FAIL.

small bits of success drives more success and so on. Always start from the ground up

Sporkman
June 21st, 2010, 04:32 PM
Maybe start doing some online stuff as a hobby, & on the side do some research as others have mentioned. That way, you'll get a sense of the technical side of things plus a sense of the sort of stuff you like & are good at vs. not.

samalex
June 21st, 2010, 05:09 PM
Maybe start doing some online stuff as a hobby, & on the side do some research as others have mentioned. That way, you'll get a sense of the technical side of things plus a sense of the sort of stuff you like & are good at vs. not.

I agree with this... Most people who set out to make an online business fail, but many who have online ventures as hobbies can turn them into a full time business over time. Pick something you enjoy, work with it, and maybe over time it'll evolve into a full time gig. In the mean time it'll be an added source of income if nothing else.

Sam

eriktheblu
June 21st, 2010, 06:29 PM
oh thats the dream job :D
Sure, except for the tech support and PR part. There are a lot of disturbing people on the interwebz. It annoys her to the point where she hardly plays anymore just because she knows some of her customers are in the same game.

The human interactions are taxing, but the benefits are outstanding. We get to write off computer equipment and software on our taxes, and we might be getting tickets to Blizzcon.

Maybe start doing some online stuff as a hobbyThat's how she got started. A hobby/fan site grew from one guy who wanted something for his guild to one guy and a volunteer (my wife) to a full time staff.

lz1dsb
June 22nd, 2010, 10:31 AM
What madjr wrote is so true for today's competing world...
Me personally, I work as a Networking Support for the past 4 years. So I could say that I work on line all the time. The thing is that I'm working for a company, and as you all know: You can't get rich when you're working for somebody! You have to work for yourself, which is something that's now easier to start doing in today's world. There are so many opportunities... to succeed or fail :confused:

karthick87
June 22nd, 2010, 11:26 AM
I earn. There is a lot of money to be made as a seller on eBay. Thousands and thousands of sales are made each day, resulting in a lot of income for a lot of sellers. And there is still room for you if you want to get involved – whether you want to earn

How do you earn..?

Legendary_Bibo
June 22nd, 2010, 11:44 AM
How do you earn..?
sell your old **** I'm assuming :P

I have a set income plan that I don't plan to use, but you guys are welcome to it.

Join freecycle.org (http://ubuntuforums.org/freecycle.org) find your area and just take anything people offer, and request anything from anyone. Collect the free stuff, then sell it on ebay. Your profit margins will be huge! Your only cost will be gas and time.

Sporkman
June 22nd, 2010, 02:12 PM
Join freecycle.org (http://ubuntuforums.org/freecycle.org) find your area and just take anything people offer, and request anything from anyone. Collect the free stuff, then sell it on ebay. Your profit margins will be huge! Your only cost will be gas and time.

It helps to live in or near an area with a lot of affluent professionals, as you will get a much better bounty of freecycled items.

ronnielsen1
June 24th, 2010, 02:05 PM
I've received AND given a lot of stuff through freecycle but anymore it just seems to be people asking for things like

Need laptop computer, preferably Windows 7 if you've got one laying around

and Need Hot Tub, has to be in good condition and seat 6 people

Some of the nerve of people never ceases to amaze me

wolfen69
November 19th, 2011, 06:45 AM
H, i'm doing an online business called Domain Reselling through a domain Reseller Called <spam link snipped>. here i'm earning well..this can be worked from home itself..it is business of buying and selling the domain sales..in this business i can provide bulk domain registration, web hosting, SSL certificate etc at affordable cost..so this is giving good earning to me..if anybody likes this business, you can start this business...

Can you say spam? What was that?

Lightstar
November 19th, 2011, 07:02 AM
I made 6 cents online last year :D

wolfen69
November 19th, 2011, 07:24 AM
I made 6 cents online last year :D

That's what I'm taking about!!!!

Elfy
November 19th, 2011, 08:03 AM
apparent resurrection by necrospammer caused closure