PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with GNOME icon sets

fatleader
June 21st, 2010, 06:49 AM
Good day forums,

I have downloaded Iris, OpenWorld, and Nerdy-Lines icon sets off of the GNOME's themes sites. It turns out that only OpenWorld would work, as Iris and Nerdy-Lines do not replace much of the icons (for example, the folder icons, mp3 file icons, etc...) I downloaded the theme package again and unzipped the .tar file, and noticed that GNOME would only read the .icon files but not the .svg files. How would I fix this? Would manually converting each of the .svg files to .icon files solve it?

Help please :D

kerry_s
June 21st, 2010, 07:18 AM
well, looks like gnome-look.org is down right now, keeps timing out, so until someone can get a look, you'll just have to wait.

kerry_s
June 21st, 2010, 07:59 PM
Good day forums,

I have downloaded Iris, OpenWorld, and Nerdy-Lines icon sets off of the GNOME's themes sites. It turns out that only OpenWorld would work, as Iris and Nerdy-Lines do not replace much of the icons (for example, the folder icons, mp3 file icons, etc...) I downloaded the theme package again and unzipped the .tar file, and noticed that GNOME would only read the .icon files but not the .svg files. How would I fix this? Would manually converting each of the .svg files to .icon files solve it?

Help please :D

you should at least browse through the comments for the theme. for iris it says the icon naming is messed up. i don't find nerdy-lines in the search.

fatleader
June 21st, 2010, 10:23 PM
you should at least browse through the comments for the theme. for iris it says the icon naming is messed up. i don't find nerdy-lines in the search.

Would it be possible I rename each of them then somehow install them afterwards?
Sorry for being a newbie...

kerry_s
June 21st, 2010, 10:30 PM
sure you can, it may take you a while.
look in /usr/share/icons/gnome for the names used.