PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] animations are animating hover text on mouseover

mina299
June 21st, 2010, 05:11 AM
I'm currently having issues with just about everything, but what I would like to fix or modify right now is the animation. I thought they were really cool, but when I mouse over things, and I get a hover text, and when that closes, it's animated. And that gets really annoying after a while. I poked around in CompizConfig for a long time and I couldn't figure out what was causing this. Is there a place where I can un-check, or modify this annoying feature? Or does that just go hand-in-hand with the window animation effects? Because, I gotta say, that takes the appeal right out of having window effects.

stinkeye
June 21st, 2010, 09:41 AM
You should be able to change the animation in ccsm > effects > animations > close animations

mina299
June 21st, 2010, 06:24 PM
Yes, that is true, but means that the closing animation for the actual windows is also disabled. Isn't there an option somewhere that differentiates between the two? I mean, this doesn't make sense. There is either a way to do this, or the program is flawed. ](*,)

stinkeye
June 21st, 2010, 06:33 PM
Yes, that is true, but means that the closing animation for the actual windows is also disabled. Isn't there an option somewhere that differentiates between the two? I mean, this doesn't make sense. There is either a way to do this, or the program is flawed. ](*,)

If you have a look at the pic it shows you can differentiate between types
of windows.

eg the first setting for normal windows is..

((type=Normal | Unknown) | name=sun-awt-X11-XFramePeer | name=sun-awt-X11-XDialogPeer) & !(role=toolTipTip | role=qtooltip_label) & !(type=Normal & override_redirect=1) & !(name=gnome-screensaver)

Then there a two other settings which both use the fade animation (or you can set to none if you like)

(type=Menu | PopupMenu | DropdownMenu | Dialog | ModalDialog | Normal)

(type=Tooltip | Notification | Utility) & !(name=compiz) & !(title=notify-osd)