PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] uses of Evolution ?

AM_SOS
June 20th, 2010, 05:17 PM
hullo,
so far i have accessed email directly from the home pages of such sites as gmail, yahoo, rediff, and hotmail.
recently, with the release of 10.04 i noticed Evolution email client for the first time. i am curious as to whether such email clients are of any use to general users like me.
e.g. if i stop accessing gmail through the usual route and instead configure Evolution to access gmail, how is this beneficial to me ?
basically, how useful is Evolution for general users ? and of course what are its limitations ?
further, if i regularly use 2 (or more) different email accounts, can Evolution be configured to show mail from both ?
thanks !

Boondoklife
June 20th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Well it is useful if you would rather just use a program to get your mail instead of the site, some sites are just not that nice. Evolution can also check more than one email account at a time and show them.

ingramproductions
June 21st, 2010, 07:16 AM
You use it to have multiple email accounts coming into one place, easily customizing signatures, and storing contact and calendar info. If you're not interested in that kind of stuff, or if you typically use more than one computer, It's probably not for you.