PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to add item to System > Administration

GeertVc
June 20th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Hi,

I just upgraded my Ubuntu 9.10 to Ubuntu 10.04. Part of the Ubuntu 9.10 installation was GParted (version 0.4.5) and I saw, after upgrading to Ubutnu 10.04, there was a more recent version available: 0.5.1.

After installing that version, GParted was still part of the System > Administration menu (just as it was before).

But then I saw the version 0.6.0 of GParted was recently released and there was also a .deb distro available.

After downloading and installing the 0.6.0 version of GParted, the item GParted disappeared from the System > Administration menu and appeared in another menu (Applications > System Tools).

My question: how can I get GParted back as part of the Systems > Administrations menu?

Best rgds,
--Geert

dv3500ea
June 20th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Right click on the Applications menu and click Edit Menus.
You can add a new item under System -> Administration from here and also remove the item from Applications -> System Tools.

wilee-nilee
June 20th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Sometime installs don't show up do the right click on menu and see if it is actually there tick it of then on, if it's not there then build a new launcher as suggested.

GeertVc
June 21st, 2010, 05:53 PM
Right click on the Applications menu and click Edit Menus.
You can add a new item under System -> Administration from here and also remove the item from Applications -> System Tools.

That is indeed working fine. Thanks!

Best rgds,

--Geert