PDA

View Full Version : Help me create a bootable SD card for my eee pc from my Macbook Pro

palo.verde
June 19th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Hi People,

I am trying to install Ubuntu Netbook 10.04 on my eee pc. I have a macbook pro with built in SD card reader and a 4 gig sd card.

I followed the instructions on the ubuntu netbook download page to create the bootable usb media and it appeared to work, but was not bootable for either the eee pc or the macbook.

I also posted under the apple section of the forums here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1513386

Anyway suggestions of how to easily load ubuntu netbook on to the eee pc with the stated hardware is appreciated, thanks.

I also tried using VirtualBox to create a virtual machine that I could install ubuntu directly onto the SD card, but VirtualBox can't work with the built in SD card reader apparently.

Thanks,
-Sam

palo.verde
June 19th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Oh, hey... so I was just wondering, from the eee pc itself, can I just run
apt-get install ubuntu-netbook or something similar to convert the xandros to ubuntu without external media?

ajgreeny
June 19th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Oh, hey... so I was just wondering, from the eee pc itself, can I just run
apt-get install ubuntu-netbook or something similar to convert the xandros to ubuntu without external media?
Did you try installing with the SD card in the eee pc's card reader, if it has one, or in a separate USB card reader which was actually plugged into a USB socket? It could perhaps make a difference.

And, no , you can not run a sudo apt-get install command from xandros to get to a UNR install.