PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't get 3 monitors to work

nPn_
June 19th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Hi, I just installed 10.04. I have an ati 780G motherboard (HD3200 integrated video) and a second video card ati HD3450. I am able to get thes two cards to drive 3 monitors in windows xp (single desktop) and would like to do the same in ubuntu.

I installed the ati drivers several different ways and each time I have the same problem. I can get to the catalyst control center but it only sees the 2 monitors connected to my discrete card (the HD3450).

At one point a did a lspci and it only showed one card also. I have tried playing around with bios settings (surround view on , auto, etc) but I have not had any success getting the 3rd monitor to work.

Every year I install linux and find some dumb reason I have to switch back to windows In the past it has been because my wife shared the pc and she could never get used to it or had some app that she felt she had to have - now she has her laptop so, I am thinking I should be able to make this work, but I am so used to having one large desktop spanning 3 monitors, that with out that I would have to switch back and try again in another year :(.

Anyone have any ideas?

nPn