PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Recommends Linux, then kills 64bit?

irrdev
June 19th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Go ahead and read this Adobe Support Thread (http://forums.adobe.com/message/2722427#2722427). Only a month ago, an adobe employee was telling a disgruntled 64-bit Windows 7 user to use Linux to get a 64-bit Flash experience. Then what did Adobe do? They promptly turned around and decided to kill 64-bit Flash on Linux too! While I'm not an Adobe hater like Steve Jobs, I seriously can't wait until HTML5 catches on.

BTW, does anyone still have the packages for Adobe Labs' 64-bit Flash? I'm sure that many users, including myself, would still like to be able to download the package to use on fresh installations.

HangukMiguk
June 19th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Why even suggest Linux when no matter what package is used, you still get the choppiest experience possible with Flash?

I'm with the consensus on getting HTML5 standardized and readily available, just so long as they don't pull a standard that leaves some systems out in the cold. I'm tired of dealing with Flash period, (Sadly, Korean sites seem to put as much Flash as humanly possible on their sites...drives me nuts...especially when the flash starts overlapping everything and you can't even read the other content on the page).

I won't hate on Photoshop, but I will hate on Acrobat though. Worst PDF reader available. (You think that the creator of the format would do better at creating a reader) All the PDF readers on Linux I've seen does better than Adobe, and Foxit is the better one on Windows.

Air is alright.

The Real Dave
June 19th, 2010, 08:54 PM
It's rather strange alright. Makes me wonder whether I should return to 32bit when I upgrade to 10.04.

There's a ppa (https://launchpad.net/~sevenmachines/+archive/flash) for the package your looking for, as far as I know. It's version 10.0.45.2 for Ubuntu 64bit.

medic2000
June 19th, 2010, 09:29 PM
I will say it again. Adobe doesnt give a damn about Linux. They are making millions of money and they are closing the 64-bit labs? Every package in Linux is made 64-bit by hobbiests(these man aren't paid). On the other side Adobe has a lot of employee, o lot of money and couldnt make one damn package 64-bit.

They just don't care. An ordinary capitalist company. They can make money without Linux. It is not important that we suffer.