PDA

View Full Version : Storm season again.

irv
June 18th, 2010, 05:50 PM
The Storm season is upon us again. One ripped through here last night. Power outage, but this time it didn't blow my server apart. I left it off until it passed. We got some water in the kitchen with the downpour of rain. A lot of lighting and wind. My son got the worst of it, took part of his roof off and did a number on his deck. (Hot Tub got damaged and a lot of trees down). His power was out all night. Lost Internet, phone, and TV. Power back on but no Internet, phone or TV. He did call me on his Cell, so something is working. By the was I live in Minnesota and he lives in Wisconsin across the Mississippi river from me. About 30 miles. A lot of big pine trees snapped right in half. I am sitting on the patio right now and the wind is picking up and the clouds are rolling in again. More storm on the way. I don't like this kind of weather.

samalex
June 18th, 2010, 08:11 PM
My father-in-law lives in Oklahoma City and they've already had a couple of rough storms with flooding and tornadoes, so and we're in Central Texas which gets its share as well.

The seasons are hit or miss anymore, but it looks like this year will be a crazy one. I just hope weather in the gulf isn't as hectic with all the oil out there... that's all we need is oil pushed into the inland aquifers.

Sam

TheNerdAL
June 18th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Woo! Time for Hurricane Season! That means no school if a hurricane heads toward us! :lolflag: