PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] no border to windows

frriction
June 18th, 2010, 08:38 AM
when I boot to ubuntu I can not see border to windows.

to get it I have to execute the command

compiz --replace &

then border comes back in terminal there is message

Starting gtk-window-decorator
compiz (cube) - Warn: Failed to load slide: /usr/share/gdm/themes/Human/ubuntu.png

Is there any work around to not type compiz --replace & command every time I boot my machine.

stinkeye
June 18th, 2010, 10:19 AM
You could try fusion-icon loaded at startup in startup preferences.

On karmic I used to use
fusion-icon -nas the startup command.
The -n flag tells it not to load a window manager because it should boot into the window manager you were last using anyway.

Using just fusion-icon as the startup command might solve your problem.
Even if it doesn't, you will have a right click menu in the notification area to reload the window manager.

Also look at your window decorations plugin in CCSM and check the command box says..
gtk-window-decorator --replace

TeoBigusGeekus
June 18th, 2010, 10:19 AM
It seems that the compiz cube is broken cause it can't find the above mentioned picture.
Choose a picture of your liking, save it as ubuntu.png with gimp and put it in the proposed folder.

stinkeye
June 18th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Yes, as TeoBigusGeekus said you are missing that file which I think is a bug in Lucid because I don't think it's included in the Lucid install.
It just refers to a png for cube caps.
CCSM > DESKTOP > DESKTOP CUBE > APPEARANCE
You can just change the link to your own picture.

wojox
June 18th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Also try System > Preferences > CompizConfig Settings Manager and find the "Window Decorations" plugin. Check the box and you're all set.

frriction
June 18th, 2010, 11:54 AM
well i really messed up something really bad to fix this issue and at the end i ended to reinstall ubuntu

Thank you fox for ur suggestions and help.