PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] CD ROM problem

my_abousamra
June 17th, 2010, 09:44 PM
hi all,

I was trying to install virtualbox on ubuntu 10.04 but it always give me this statement

For installing from CLI

Media change: please insert the disc labeled
'Ubuntu 10.04 LTS _Lucid Lynx_ - Release i386 (20100429)'
in the drive '/cdrom/' and press enter

For installing from Ubuntu Software Center

CD/DVD 'Ubuntu 10.04 LTS _Lucid Lynx_ - Release i386 (20100429)' is required

Please insert the above CD/DVD into the drive '/cdrom/' to install software packages from the medium.

The problem here is that I have no cdrom in my computer, so I tried to mount the ubuntu iso file on /cdrom but it doesn't work

gadolinio
June 17th, 2010, 10:37 PM
hi all,

I was trying to install virtualbox on ubuntu 10.04 but it always give me this statement

For installing from CLI

Media change: please insert the disc labeled
'Ubuntu 10.04 LTS _Lucid Lynx_ - Release i386 (20100429)'
in the drive '/cdrom/' and press enter

For installing from Ubuntu Software Center

CD/DVD 'Ubuntu 10.04 LTS _Lucid Lynx_ - Release i386 (20100429)' is required

Please insert the above CD/DVD into the drive '/cdrom/' to install software packages from the medium.

The problem here is that I have no cdrom in my computer, so I tried to mount the ubuntu iso file on /cdrom but it doesn't work

How is it that you try to install it? If it's from Synaptic or a downloaded .deb file, this might help: go to System--> administration--> software sources. If you see under "Instalable from CD-ROM" the name of your ubuntu version selected, remove the tick there and close the window. It asks if you want to reload... say yes. Then try to install again.

my_abousamra
June 18th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Thank u, It worked for me

gadolinio
June 19th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Thank u, It worked for me
Great!
Please remember to mark the thread as "SOLVED".

satoof112
December 18th, 2011, 09:56 PM
How is it that you try to install it? If it's from Synaptic or a downloaded .deb file, this might help: go to System--> administration--> software sources. If you see under "Instalable from CD-ROM" the name of your ubuntu version selected, remove the tick there and close the window. It asks if you want to reload... say yes. Then try to install again.

great it worked for me thnx very very very very much