PDA

View Full Version : What happened to not omgpp?

forrestcupp
June 17th, 2010, 08:12 PM
When the Backyard/omgpp got shut down, some people started a forum called Not omgpp. I haven't looked at it since back then. Recently, I checked and the link to that forum is dead now.

Does anyone know the story on what happened?

RiceMonster
June 17th, 2010, 08:13 PM
It was part of grubbn, which is long dead. It was closed down about a year ago.

-grubby
June 17th, 2010, 08:15 PM
grubbn.org has been on the no-domain chick page since August 2009.

nrs
June 17th, 2010, 08:31 PM
I was wondering the same .... and I miss Backyard/omgpp. :sad: It made the forum. Silly arguments + Linux centric discussion all rolled into one forum. It's hard finding forums that're as active and offer both. I haven't found one.

KiwiNZ
June 17th, 2010, 08:46 PM
O the memories

or should I say OOOOOOOOOO the the nightmares :p

urukrama
June 17th, 2010, 09:11 PM
At one point it merged with NOOST (not/new other OS talk), a forum that was created to replace the Other OS Talk forum here when it closed down. That then moved to ostalk.org, which then ceased being and was reborn as Techsnap (techsnap.co.uk/forum).

forrestcupp
June 18th, 2010, 04:06 PM
At one point it merged with NOOST (not/new other OS talk), a forum that was created to replace the Other OS Talk forum here when it closed down. That then moved to ostalk.org, which then ceased being and was reborn as Techsnap (techsnap.co.uk/forum).

Looks like a good forum. There are a lot of people from here on there. Too bad it doesn't have much traffic.

alphaniner
June 18th, 2010, 04:17 PM
That then moved to ostalk.org, which then ceased being and was reborn as Techsnap (techsnap.co.uk/forum).

Thanks. I was wondering what happened to ostalk.org.

TwoEars
June 18th, 2010, 04:48 PM
They also have an IRC channel at ##techsnap on Freenode.

Techsnap
June 18th, 2010, 11:32 PM
OSTalk.org recently closed down and since I was running a bit of an OS Website called Techsnap before I decided to merge them together however the phpBB database from OSTalk was quite broken and instead of screwing around fixing it I decided to start fresh with SMF.

The backyard has been continued as the Members Lounge on Techsnap.

Also the rules are a lot loser than those of UF so it's pretty much anything legal goes.