PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] saving all of my settings in a session

dan11
June 17th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I've been playing around with my gnome set up and getting it to look nice, but every time I log out, it messes itself up in just a couple of ways. I saved the session, but that doesn't appear to be catching everything. The problems I'm having -

I disable trackpad clicking with "sudo trackpad notap", but I need to reenter this every time I log in or it's turned back on again.

No matter what I do to screenlets, I can't seem to get it to remember that I only want ONE picture frame on my desktop when I boot up, and only ONE CPU monitor. It instead boots up 2 and 3 respectively.

I have set stickynote to open up automatically, but it never boots up to the screen, only the panel above. I then have to double click on it to get it to open.

Is there a way to save not just the session but every setting you've got running currently on a Ubuntu machine, and then load them automatically when you boot?

If anyone knows, or even if you know how to fix just one of the problems above, I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks!

P.S. If anyone knows how to get volume control to show up on the panels, I'd appreciate some help with that too. For some reason it doesn't show up on the list for "Add to Panel".

lidex
June 17th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Don't know about the first part, but look here for volume control icon:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1357005&highlight=lucid+volume+control

dan11
June 24th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Sorry for not thanking you sooner, pretty much every computer at our house has gone haywire at the same time recently. That worked perfectly for volume, thanks a ton. I'm still not sure about how to save the session, but I've been keeping it in sleep mode. Had a little bit of an issue with the internet icon vanishing, but it came back when I restarted. Anyway, thanks a ton for helping out with what you could.