PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUS flaws discovered in IE 7

Sirin
March 27th, 2006, 06:33 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4849904.stm

The first one happened to me a lot. Every time I used it, it would crash. Oh well, another reason to use Firefox/Opera/Konqueror. ;)

The last two are more serious. Go to the wrong website, and HTML code (yes, believe it, HTML CODE) can exploit your Windows PC to serious attacks.

Master Shake
March 27th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Isn't "SERIOUS flaws" and "IE" redundant?

endersshadow
March 27th, 2006, 07:37 PM
From the article:

Those using the patched versions of IE bundled with Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 are vulnerable to these bugs. People trying out the Beta 2 version of Internet Explorer 7 are safe.

IE7 is not vulnerable to these holes...older versions of IE are...your title is wrong.

BoyOfDestiny
March 28th, 2006, 08:19 AM
From the article:

IE7 is not vulnerable to these holes...older versions of IE are...your title is wrong.

"People trying out the Beta 2 version of Internet Explorer 7 are safe."
Since I didn't have an interest, I don't know if there is a Beta 1 that people are using and may be unsafe... Anyway, you're right, the thread title is misleading...

Anyway these flaws come up, nothing is bullet proof... However, I enjoy the fact a patch may not be out until april 11th, or "sooner" if the threat is greater... Great, don't deal with it until there is a problem... Anyway, to that I say "HAHA".

It's nice to be on the outside looking in. :)

prizrak
March 28th, 2006, 07:47 PM
I get the first flaw with FF sometimes too tho ;) I do love the whole "no updates till update tuesday" deal.

KingBahamut
March 28th, 2006, 09:19 PM
This is as interesting as hearing that IE7 wont be integrated into windows, ie you most likely will be able to uninstall the damn thing from your system without breaking it.