PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Live CD is not finding Windows Partition.

MoonlitFate
June 17th, 2010, 02:56 AM
I'm trying to set-up a dual-boot (Windows XP and Ubuntu 10.04), but whenever I start the installation from a Live CD and get to the partition section it is showing that my hard-drive is has no operating system, when it in fact does. Has anyone else encountered this issue, when trying to set-up dual-booting on their system? And, if you have had this issue, what did you do to resolve it? I find it very strange, since I've never had a problem like this with any of the older releases. :(

Thanks for reading, and I hope that whatever this is that it can be fixed.

wilee-nilee
June 17th, 2010, 03:11 AM
I'm trying to set-up a dual-boot (Windows XP and Ubuntu 10.04), but whenever I start the installation from a Live CD and get to the partition section it is showing that my hard-drive is has no operating system, when it in fact does. Has anyone else encountered this issue, when trying to set-up dual-booting on their system? And, if you have had this issue, what did you do to resolve it? I find it very strange, since I've never had a problem like this with any of the older releases. :(

Thanks for reading, and I hope that whatever this is that it can be fixed.

If you don't have a preformatted partition for Linux to use the custom install or any fee space that is what you get.

You will need to shrink XP and leave a open space, but shrink it after defragging, and reboot it and make sure it's working before proceeding. The auslogics defragger is fast and has a optimizer.
http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/download/

If you clicked on the custom section or looked at gparted I am quite sure you XP shows up.

MoonlitFate
June 18th, 2010, 05:19 AM
If you don't have a preformatted partition for Linux to use the custom install or any fee space that is what you get.

You will need to shrink XP and leave a open space, but shrink it after defragging, and reboot it and make sure it's working before proceeding. The auslogics defragger is fast and has a optimizer.
http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/download/

If you clicked on the custom section or looked at gparted I am quite sure you XP shows up.

Thank you! :) That fixed the problem, too bad that I'm having other ones. Makes me sad. D: