PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Move

TheNerdAL
June 16th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Since there is a thread about the new Xbox 360 and Kinect and also about the Nintendo 3DS, I thought I'd post a thread about the Playstation Move. :P

I think it looks wrong, if you know what I mean. :lolflag:

And it's copying Wii. Kinect is original. :P

What do you think?

madjr
June 16th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Since there is a thread about the new Xbox 360 and Kinect and also about the Nintendo 3DS, I thought I'd post a thread about the Playstation Move. :P

What do you think?

the ps move has a cam too

kinectic is not that original, is like the eyetoy a few years back

people didnt like this type of things till the wii

also kinectic thingie is more expensive..

and stupid moonlight doesnt work cant view most of the microsoft site >.<

KiwiNZ
June 16th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Its attached to the PS3 and thats where it starts to go down hill. But having said that I will need to see it in action to really decide.

KiwiNZ
June 16th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Our Wii is in a box to be sent away.Yuck .The resolution is so old on those things . But the group we are donating it to will find a home for it.

squilookle
June 16th, 2010, 11:43 PM
It looks suspiciously like the Wii, just like the XBox games for Kinect look supspiciously like the ones that came out with the Wii (even though the Kinect control system looks original).

However, Playstation Move must be doing something differently to the Wii, or you would think Nintendo would have them in court by now...

Still it really does look like they've ripped the Wii off shamelessly, from the little bit I've seen.

McRat
June 16th, 2010, 11:48 PM

What do you think?

The proof will be in the performance, and nobody is going to know how the X360 or PS3 systems are going to fair in the real world until they are out for a couple months.

It's entirely possible that Wii will remain the best live action motion control, or there could be a new champ.

But the real trick will be who will come out with a NEW kind of game for this technology.

Some Ideas:

PrOn Star - No description necessary. Vulgarity always sells well.

So You Think You Are A Brain Surgeon? - A virtual reality game where you cut up humans and are scored by how few malpractice suits you get. Gore is also a good seller.

Haywire - You are circus performer, doing various feats of skill in a virtual world. Tightrope, juggling, spinning plates. Get the Ziegfried and Roy Expansion Pack and try to avoid being a feline chew toy.

madjr
June 16th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Our Wii is in a box to be sent away.Yuck .The resolution is so old on those things . But the group we are donating it to will find a home for it.

how much resolution you would need to play super mario galaxy 2 :o

for most cartoony type games is fine

but i know what you saying with the more mature games, hope they announce wii HD / 2 soon, specially since all other consoles are copying the heck out of them

TheNerdAL
June 16th, 2010, 11:52 PM

but i know what you saying with the more mature games, hope they announce wii HD / 2 soon, specially since all other consoles are copying them

You are right. Wii hasn't had a new model yet. :O I wonder what's going to happen with Wii.

=CrAzYG33K=
June 16th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Just saw the PS Move video, and yuck, Sony's going down the drain.

On the other hand, Kinect looks/feels far far better IMHO. And it's something original from the MS stable.

KiwiNZ
June 17th, 2010, 12:01 AM

but i know what you saying with the more mature games, hope they announce wii HD / 2 soon, specially since all other consoles are copying the heck out of them

In our games room (sandpit) we have a 58" TV and the Wii looked disgusting even for the Super plumber or for shooting ducks.

murderslastcrow
June 17th, 2010, 12:02 AM
I find that people who play games on the 360 and PS3 are more interested in other features, like PSP integration, internet browsing, free online gameplay, etc. than using their bodies for everything. PS3 tends to be the classic gamepad gaming scenario where every button counts and the games are heavily tied to the controller, giving fine-tuned control.

Until they really refine the remotes and junk, it will be difficult to have more than a little fun with it. Trust me, swinging your arm around isn't exercise.

KiwiNZ
June 17th, 2010, 12:08 AM
I find that people who play games on the 360 and PS3 are more interested in other features, like PSP integration, internet browsing, free online gameplay, etc. than using their bodies for everything. PS3 tends to be the classic gamepad gaming scenario where every button counts and the games are heavily tied to the controller, giving fine-tuned control.

Until they really refine the remotes and junk, it will be difficult to have more than a little fun with it. Trust me, swinging your arm around isn't exercise.

Well yes it is exercise by definition, if it increases the heart rate etc it is exercise

Lucradia
June 17th, 2010, 05:34 AM
I like the way you move. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s7xVwudjUw)

madjr
June 17th, 2010, 07:53 AM

On the other hand, Kinect looks/feels far far better IMHO. And it's something original from the MS stable.

*eeck*

you sure? this might be the usual gameplay for natal, kinda fun tho..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE4ydFXMMuw&feature=related

murderslastcrow
June 17th, 2010, 08:46 AM
I guess they have Wii Fit, that might get you breathing through your mouth? Hah, I can't wait until people start knocking stuff over with this stuff. Reminds me of DDR and Para Para Paradise or whatever it's called.

I actually lost most of my weight originally with DDR, kept it off for... years. I just exercise way too much for my own good, it's true. :\

Virtual Reality that utilizes your body with some REAL FPSs is the only time I'm getting into this waving my arms around in front of a camera stuff, though. FPSs for that matter, too XD.

RichardLinx
June 17th, 2010, 09:42 AM
http://cdn-www.cracked.com/phpimages/article/1/2/3/25123.jpg?v=1
Tee-hee

3rdalbum
June 17th, 2010, 11:47 AM
I have a Wii, but I got sick of all the shovelware for it and the lack of proper gaming titles. Mario Kart Wii is better with the classic controller, some platformers have been good but use the wii remote on its side, and Monster Hunter Tri doesn't have motion control at all.

Basically, I think that Kinect and Move are just going to bring motion-control minigames to the 360 and PS3, rather than actually advance the way we play the sort of games we currently play on the PS3.

If they get FPSes working with the Move in the same way that they do on the Wii (with the remote as the "light gun"), then I might consider buying a Move.

I don't think Kinect will be used for anything except shovelware.

RichardLinx
June 17th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I have a Wii, but I got sick of all the shovelware for it and the lack of proper gaming titles.
That's the reason I held out on buying one. I've seen flash games that are better (literally and graphically) then some of the Wii titles that sell here for $100.

But now the library of games seems to be improving. (Metroid Other M, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Conduit 2, etc)

del_diablo
June 17th, 2010, 01:10 PM
In our games room (sandpit) we have a 58" TV and the Wii looked disgusting even for the Super plumber or for shooting ducks.

That is what you get for using a LCD TV.

RichardLinx
June 17th, 2010, 01:34 PM

Were you using component cables or the cables that came with the Wii?

dockx
June 17th, 2010, 03:22 PM
as far as microsoft's kinect goes... sony had about the same thing with its EyePet a couple years ago

i think a lot will depend on how accurate these things are ingame and how much lag ppl will experience when using it and seeing the results.

from what ive seen from kinect the player had to use mostly full body motions for it to pick it up, i wonder how it will do with fps games, where one has to run, aim and whatnot.

CrimsonBizarre
June 17th, 2010, 03:44 PM
I don't like it, but I also don't like the Wii or Xbox Kinect either.

forrestcupp
June 17th, 2010, 03:47 PM

What do you think?+1
To me, what it boils down to is what you can tell your friends. Would you rather tell your friends that you got a new controller that is exactly like the Wii controller they've had for years? Or would you rather tell them you got a cool new device with microphones and three cameras that can tell two players apart by their faces and compute control movements by how they move their body parts? I wonder who invested the most R&D into their new control system?

kinectic is not that original, is like the eyetoy a few years backTrue, but Kinect actually works good. I don't think you can really compare Kinect to the eyetoy. Also, how many Eyetoy games were there vs. how many Kinect games will there be?

also kinectic thingie is more expensive..
Kinect will also do 2 players, while Move will only do one. If you want to play 2 players with Move, you have to buy another set of controls. It pretty much evens out.

for most cartoony type games is fineTrue. Plus you will never be able to play Zelda on a 360 or PS3. ;)

madjr
June 17th, 2010, 04:59 PM
after watching this vid i think i'll have to get my GF a ps move :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v5rw5wuVK8&feature=channel

gillza
June 18th, 2010, 05:11 PM

Not new and not original. MS doesn't do original stuff. Just wanted to clarify.