PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.04 + Fedora 13 Dual boot? Ubuntu installation problem...

gauravbutola
June 16th, 2010, 09:49 PM
I already have Fedora 13 installed on my computer and now I want to go dual boot with Ubuntu 10.04 + Fedora 13.
I have tried to install ubuntu using a Flash drive which did not work. then I saw that I had got a ShipIt CD from Canonical. I thought It might work fine. But same problem came again.

The problem is---
I inserted the Ubuntu 10.04 CD then made /boot / and swap for ubuntu and fulfilled all the questions then the files started copying... then there comes a point where copying of files seems to be finished and only the Dafault wallpaper and mouse pointer comes onto screen;then i waited for 1/2 an hour but it was still idle at that.
I tried to install it several times using flash drive and the also from the CD I had got from the ShipIt. But both of them stop at the same point and i cannot do anything.
I did intall it as a sole operating system on another computer which has lower hardware configuration than mine but it worked fine on that.
I am able to use it as a live CD but it creates problem while installing and stops at the same point even if booting from different medial.
Is there something special that i ought to be doing for a Fedora/Ubuntu dual boot:confused:.

My system configuration----
HDD = 250GB
RAM = 2GB
processor = 2.6 GHz INTEL