PDA

View Full Version : I'm in the habit of losing thing. My solotion.

irv
June 16th, 2010, 07:28 PM
How many times have you run across a good post or a howto that you wanted to keep in case you find a need for it later? I am one of those guys that loose thing all the time so I started look for an answer to this problem. Here is what I did.
I use gmail for my emails so when I find a good post or howto I send myself a link to it via my gmail account where I file it in my directory call “howtos”. This way I have one place to look for everything. This works good because if my system goes down I just jump on another PC and go to my gmail account and find the answer I was looking for.
It works for me!

Bachstelze
June 16th, 2010, 07:30 PM
/me uses subscriptions

RiceMonster
June 16th, 2010, 07:32 PM
/me uses subscriptions

this.

FuturePilot
June 16th, 2010, 07:33 PM
/me uses subscriptions

This

cj.surrusco
June 16th, 2010, 07:33 PM
There's also an option to auto-subscribe to any thread that you post on. It's what I use to keep up with threads.

irv
June 16th, 2010, 07:34 PM
/me uses subscriptions

I've tried this too, but for some reason I like my way because my subscription list was getting really long. The way I do it, I give it a good subject line so I can find things quickly. Also I sometime just cut and past a part of the post I need so I don't have to look through the whole thread.

CharlesA
June 16th, 2010, 07:49 PM
I bookmark stuff.. or search for my posts. :)

alphaniner
June 16th, 2010, 07:53 PM
I've tried this too, but for some reason I like my way because my subscription list was getting really long. The way I do it, I give it a good subject line so I can find things quickly. Also I sometime just cut and past a part of the post I need so I don't have to look through the whole thread.

Same here. My company blocks outgoing e-mails through Google &c, and even for company e-mail only supervisors can send outside. So I use Google Notes & Bookmarks to keep track of stuff I come across when I'm at work, and sometimes I send myself PMs with scrpit 'eureka!'s.

Dustin2128
June 16th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I usually just bookmark useful howto's.