PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] SeamlessRDP with Windows 2008 r2

Malamut
June 16th, 2010, 10:06 AM
I need to allow users to launch some published applications via RDP from Windows Server 2008. Now I use SeamlessRDP mode for it. But there is a two problems with it in Ubuntu:

1. There is a bug in Ubuntu patch to debian rdesktop package, so each seamless window has two borders - one from metacity, and one from Windows. So I already install rdesktop from lenny - it hasn't such bug.

2. I can't run explorer.exe. Windows taskbar doesn't appear in Ubuntu when I run explorer via seamlessRDP. Both with Ubuntu and Debian rdesktop packages. And I don't know workarounds for this bug.

So if anobody can tell something about seamlessRDP in Ubuntu - it will be great.

ykorman
August 15th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Hi Malamut,
I'm afraid I can't help you, but I would appreciate you explaining how you've managed to configure Windows Server 2008 support with SeamlessRDP because I haven't been able to make it work.

All I get is the standard rdesktop windows when I try to connect using seamlessRDP.

Thank You,
Y.

samo_nz
June 27th, 2011, 11:15 AM
ykorman place the seamless files from http://www.cendio.com/seamlessrdp/seamlessrdp.zip in C:\seamlessrdp

from the run program on windows run remoteprograms.msc

click change on RD Session Host Server Settings

under the RD Session Host Server tab select "allow users to start both listed and unlisted programs on initial connection"

in ubuntu run:

rdesktop -u <user> -d <domain> -A -s "c:\seamlessrdp\seamlessrdpshell.exe notepad" <server>

hope that helps anyone :)