PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Formatted hard drive with Ubuntu

SRama
June 16th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro 5,3. When i tried to install ubuntu i ended up formatting the hard drive and getting rid of all OS X. Now i have ubuntu installed but i dont have any hardware drivers. I cant connect to the internet, even with a wired connection. I can barely do anything, and I'm a complete noob, but i would like to be able to get on the internet and start making updates to configure ubuntu with my mac hardware properly. can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction?

Thanks

DJonsson2008
June 16th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Maybe try searching the internet and/or this forum for
Ethernet driver new Mac Pro. I think there is a Mac driver
pack out there somewhere.

Ravernomina
June 16th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro 5,3. When i tried to install ubuntu i ended up formatting the hard drive and getting rid of all OS X. Now i have ubuntu installed but i dont have any hardware drivers. I cant connect to the internet, even with a wired connection. I can barely do anything, and I'm a complete noob, but i would like to be able to get on the internet and start making updates to configure ubuntu with my mac hardware properly. can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Hmm Ethernet not even working? Thats weird. You might just have a Bad install. do a Reinstall

SRama
June 16th, 2010, 07:53 AM
I just tried a reinstall, and after it completed it got the prompt to restart. when restarting the disk ejected on me and i got errors, a long list of errors. When i restart after that i can get a login screen and can login on the account i created on the initial setup. i login and things seem ok i still cant get any ethernet at all though