PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for responding

jspivey
June 15th, 2010, 06:24 PM
I am shouting a big THANK YOU to those of you who responded to my cry for help. I have saved your responses / suggestions to my desktop to investigate to follow up and apply. And to that 12 year old person......I say "YOU GO!!"

To those who are new just like me....

1.) Start at Absolute Beginner Talk page.

2.) Look for Forum Tools on the right side of the page and click on it.

3.) Next click on "Post A New Thread" this will get you posted so others can "see" you.

4.) Select the Prefix: of "All Variants" to get to a wider audience, then with whatever suggestions given, you can narrow down your field of inquiry.

5.)I have found the posts "Graveyard" of unanswered posts. Pages upon pages of Absolute Beginner Talk requests for help that have been viewed by many but gone unanswered. So I consider myself fortunate on this day to have gotten the responses that I have gotten.

6.) DO NOTgive up your Windows machine until you have GOOD FUNCTIONALITY to the Ubuntu system that you are transitioning to. I have not got mine functional to the point of Internet ACCESS which is KEY. Am using my Windows machine to find answers and to apply them to the Ubuntu machine. Dual booting is for those with proven experience. One thing at a time.

THANKS AGAIN TO THOSE WHO RESPONDED TO ME. I WILL KEEP PLUGGING AWAY.

cariboo
June 15th, 2010, 07:22 PM
This isn't a support request, moved to the Cafe.