PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Function keys shifted to the left

Ranko Kohime
June 15th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Yesterday I took my laptop apart to dim the wireless LED... It would light up the room in the dark and made reading the screen very difficult in practically all but sunlight...

After getting everything back together my Function keys seem to have shifted over. What I mean by this, is my Tilde key, which is between my escape key and F1 key, now acts as my F1 key, and I have no Tilde. F1 acts like F2, and so on.

I verified that the keyboard connector is attached properly, and there's no way it could be connected improperly, it just won't go in any other way than it is. None of the other keys, other than my Tilde, are affected.

I can't figure this out. Is there any way in software to remap the keys, or verify that it's the hardware that's actually sending the wrong signal? (An app that is synonymous with Apple's Keyboard Viewer?)

It's an Asus EeePC 701SD.

ETA: The Delete key works normally, but the Print Screen key, which is an Fn-type key, is shifted to the right. I don't have a method for testing the rest of the keys on the top row of the keyboard. It seems as if the entire top row is affected to some degree.