PDA

View Full Version : Wine : Half Life game problem

dejavu
February 12th, 2005, 05:04 AM
hi to all ..

i used wine to run Half life 1 and it started it and asked me for the serial number . When the correct number is entered it open an error message saying that HL requires 16-bit colors to run on .. does this means that iam runing on 8-bit desktop settngs cause i dont think so since the images at wallpapers are showing good quality ... like 32 bit
or do i need to do something with wine ?

need help
asap ... plz

YokoZar
February 17th, 2005, 01:32 PM
hi to all ..

i used wine to run Half life 1 and it started it and asked me for the serial number . When the correct number is entered it open an error message saying that HL requires 16-bit colors to run on .. does this means that iam runing on 8-bit desktop settngs cause i dont think so since the images at wallpapers are showing good quality ... like 32 bit
or do i need to do something with wine ?

need help
asap ... plz
Try editing ~/.wine/config and setting your windows version to win98 (there should be a line that goes like winver=win95 or something in there)

valadil
February 17th, 2005, 08:04 PM
I think hl1 has a problem with a 24bit desktop, which is actually the same as a 32bit one. If you edit your XF86Config to use 16 instead of 24 you should be fine.

bored2k
February 26th, 2005, 10:42 AM
I think hl1 has a problem with a 24bit desktop, which is actually the same as a 32bit one. If you edit your XF86Config to use 16 instead of 24 you should be fine.

im running an open gl 32bit 1024*768 hl1 game under cedega 4.2.1 , and its running smoothly .