PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Using live CD to update

phoenixflames
June 14th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I'm using Ubuntu Karmic Koala and I'm wondering how I can update to 10.04. I tried using update manager but it connects to internet, I tried to use package installer(I think, I forgot the name) but I need some dependencies to get all of them.

psusi
June 14th, 2010, 06:30 PM
You can not use the livecd to upgrade, you need the alternate cd or the dvd for that.

phoenixflames
June 14th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Ok thanks I just really didnt want download all the files again! BTW When I tried to do a clean install from the disk, I hit install, splash screen shows, dvd row drive runs, after awhile the screen goes blank and the drive goes into idle. No installer no nothing. I tried Kubuntu 10.04, samething but the splash screen messed up. So thats why I tried to do an update instead. Will 10.04 work if I update?

psusi
June 14th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Probably not. You should try using some of the alternate boot options on the livecd until you find a setting that lets it work.

phoenixflames
June 16th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Probably not. You should try using some of the alternate boot options on the livecd until you find a setting that lets it work.

ok I think there is a problem with the video card and plus im 10 mb short of ram for the minimal requirements