View Full Version : [SOLVED] Asus 1005PEB Gnome Terminal o-key

June 14th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Ok, so all of my machines now run one version of ubuntu or another including my wee little netbook. Since Krmic, when I am in a terminal and hit the o-key the letter does not appear on the command line and the gnome help page is launched. The first time this happened I was typing osh-cosh-begosh and had the gnome terminal help file open 3 times. I can past an 'o' into the command line but it is getting pretty annoying and if I need it capitalized it is back to a gedit window to highlight and copy the capitol version of the letter.
It wasn't a real big deal with the netbook since it spends most of its time in the bathroom or on the coffee table. However, I am now running a 10.04 server at my house to mess around, file server, ushare server, etc. and using ssh and the terminal in general is starting to become a requirement.

Any help would be appreciated. Oh and it is still happening after upgrading to 10.04.

June 14th, 2010, 12:11 PM
In order to solve any of my problems all I have to do is post the question, then wonder how stupid my question is, get upset that no one answers me, say F*(& u guys I will spend the next month to find the solution if I have to and a couple hours later I find it.
I read a post that said "any problem in gnome-terminal can be solved by using: "
Alt + F2 > gconf-editor > apps > gnome-terminal

Thus far they are correct. Somehow the help keybinding was set to 'o', I blame my roomate's hacker cat.