PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] UbuntuStudio 10 installation not working

gerolo
June 13th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Hi,

I've been trying to install UbuntuStudio 10 from the Alternate DVD (which I created from the downloadable ISO image), but haven't been able to properly complete the installation because some of the components fail to install: last night it was the multimedia programs (installer displayed an error message telling that installation failed), and in my last attempt, it failed to configure APT (the installer reported that no APT packages were found for the core).

Is maintenance being performed in the Ubuntu repositories, or are the above packages failing to install for some other reason? Thanks in advance for your help!!

cchhrriiss121212
June 14th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Did you burn the dvd on lowest settings?
You could always install regular ubuntu then upgrade the packages and kernel if you have an image handy.

Zireth ZH
June 14th, 2010, 07:57 PM
either redownload ubuntu studio or burn it again ...

uRock
June 14th, 2010, 08:04 PM
I thought the ubuntustudio image was supposed to be installed after installing ubuntu.

gerolo
June 15th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Thanks to everyone. I'll probably try the re-download of the image.

I did burn the DVD on lowest settings - if you mean that I used the lowest burning speed possible... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought it was probably a matter of an unavailable or bad repository, because I had the exact same problem with an Ubuntu 7 DVD, which I burned a couple of years ago and had worked correctly all the previous times I used it. When the installation ended and I entered the OS, I was also taken to the command prompt instead of the GUI :confused:

cchhrriiss121212
June 15th, 2010, 10:44 AM
If you are going to try again then go with a desktop Ubuntu version, as it has been easier to install in my experience than studio.