PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Extra Boot loaders

UnfriendlyMoose
June 13th, 2010, 04:58 PM
After I installed Ubuntu 9.10 for the first time I came upon problems when loading windows 7 and quickly uninstalled it. After I installed I noticed Ubuntu 9.10 was still a option to boot, even though Ubuntu 9.10 was long gone. Months later I though I would give Ubuntu 10.04 a shot and maybe it would even remove the old Ubuntu option. But now instead of going on the old boot loader theres one boot loader that asks me to go to Ubuntu 10.04, Ubuntu 10.04 safe mode, memory diagnostic or the Windows boot loader. If I go to the windows boot loader it asks me for windows or Ubuntu 9.10!! Is there a way I can only have one boot loader and remove the empty Ubuntu 9.10? Please help...

bcbc
June 13th, 2010, 05:12 PM
After I installed Ubuntu 9.10 for the first time I came upon problems when loading windows 7 and quickly uninstalled it. After I installed I noticed Ubuntu 9.10 was still a option to boot, even though Ubuntu 9.10 was long gone. Months later I though I would give Ubuntu 10.04 a shot and maybe it would even remove the old Ubuntu option. But now instead of going on the old boot loader theres one boot loader that asks me to go to Ubuntu 10.04, Ubuntu 10.04 safe mode, memory diagnostic or the Windows boot loader. If I go to the windows boot loader it asks me for windows or Ubuntu 9.10!! Is there a way I can only have one boot loader and remove the empty Ubuntu 9.10? Please help...
This tells you how to manually uninstall ubuntu installed within windows (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide#How do I manually uninstall Wubi?). If it's just from the menu then refer to the easybcd bit (I guess windows 7 works the same as vista)