PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] install themes

ideepi
June 13th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I am using Ubuntu for the first time and i love installing new themes. So can anyone please give me stepwise complete process to install downloaded themes.

I would really be grateful to you.:confused:

utnubuuser
June 13th, 2010, 04:05 PM
gnome-art in synaptic

SpotHT
June 13th, 2010, 05:36 PM
You need to install Emerald. Press Ctrl+Alt+T to run the terminal, then execute this command:

sudo apt-get install emerald libemeraldengine0

To download themes for Emerald, click here (http://compiz-themes.org/index.php?xcontentmode=103).

To open Emerald go to System > Preferences > Emerald Theme Manager and import themes you download.

ideepi
June 14th, 2010, 03:38 PM
i tried the command you gave but it asks for the password and I just cannot type the password. What to do?

gingivere0
June 14th, 2010, 05:20 PM
What do you mean you cannot type the password? If you mean that it doesn't show the characters that you are trying to type, then that's normal. Just type out your entire password and press enter and, if you typed it correctly, it will continue with the command.

ideepi
June 15th, 2010, 07:32 AM
what do i do after i import it to theme manager?

JAS510
June 22nd, 2010, 06:23 AM
select the theme that you want in Emerald under the "themes" tab. The theme should automatically change when you click on it. If it doesnt
then press alt+F2
in the command line type
emerald --replace &

this should start the emerald theme manager.

Krekama
July 23rd, 2010, 09:05 PM
Can you edit the logon screen location w/ emerald themes also? or is that only for when the desktop's loaded after logon?