PDA

View Full Version : eeePC boots to Xandros after Ubuntu installed???

bikerx
June 13th, 2010, 02:32 PM
I am very new to Linux, so I apologize if this turns out to be a completely noob question.

I installed Ubuntu 9.10 on my Xandros eeePC 900 a few months ago. It automatically upgraded to 10.04 in late April/early May. Things have been running pretty well, no complaints. Typically I have been simply putting the laptop into sleep mode (by shutting the screen), but last night I shut it down instead. This morning it booted up into eeePC Xandros. There is no obvious sign that Ubuntu is installed on the computer, but I am also at a loss as to how to check. I did check the sizes of the partitions that are reachable through the Xandros file manager and I only came up with about 8 GB of space, so it would seem that there are other partitions out there. There are no option screens on boot-up that would allow me to select between the different OSs.

I would appreciate any ideas about what could have caused this and how to get the computer to boot in Ubuntu. I could just reinstall Ubuntu, but there are some files that were saved in Ubuntu that I can't seem to access at the moment. I am hesitant to do anything major until I have checked the options.

Thanks in advance for the help!