PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] Constant reboot - ubuntu/wubi on Win 7

startrekker2063
June 13th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Hello all. Need some help with this. After updating my ubuntu on my laptop a few days ago, I can no longer get into ubuntu. Whenever I select ubuntu on the boot screen, the screen goes black and then restarts itself. I currently have Window 7 on the laptop with ubuntu installed on it through wubi. It's running ubuntu 10.04 (forgot what the build is...it should be the latest release as it fail to load properly after it was updated). What can I do? :)

Thanks in advance!

wilee-nilee
June 13th, 2010, 01:44 AM
Hello all. Need some help with this. After updating my ubuntu on my laptop a few days ago, I can no longer get into ubuntu. Whenever I select ubuntu on the boot screen, the screen goes black and then restarts itself. I currently have Window 7 on the laptop with ubuntu installed on it through wubi. It's running ubuntu 10.04 (forgot what the build is...it should be the latest release as it fail to load properly after it was updated). What can I do? :)

Thanks in advance!

Post the script in my sig.;)

startrekker2063
June 13th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Post the script in my sig.;)

Thanks for the quick reply. Problem though...how do I run that script in Windows? I can't get into ubuntu. :confused:

wilee-nilee
June 13th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. Problem though...how do I run that script in Windows? I can't get into ubuntu. :confused:

You will have to do it from a live Ubuntu CD. Did you in the update have a grub prompt? or have you done a hard shutdown=with the power button? You can download the ISO for the distro or if you can find it in windows burn it to a disc, or load it to a thumb with unetbootin.
http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/