3.1% of deployments are Gentoo

That is all. :)

RiceMonster
June 13th, 2010, 01:48 AM
cool story bro

NightwishFan
June 13th, 2010, 01:52 AM
I am so sick of hearing 'cool story bro'. >_>

Well most popular does not always equal best, but I like Ubuntu. I am surprised and pleased Debian is used so much.

kaldor
June 13th, 2010, 02:48 AM

Well most popular does not always equal best, but I like Ubuntu. I am surprised and pleased Debian is used so much.

Giving Debian another whirl tonight actually; I got some discs finally :)

I'm a bit worried that Ubuntu is going to give Linux a bad name though. It's good, but not as good as it should be. The LTS doesn't feel like an LTS.

chris200x9
June 13th, 2010, 03:06 AM

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w230/Zimfier/CoolStoryComrade.jpg

cariboo
June 13th, 2010, 03:10 AM
I thought we let that tired meme, dry up and blow away several months ago. If I recall correctly, some members even got warnings about it.

NightwishFan
June 13th, 2010, 03:12 AM
Thanks for the image chris. :)

As for the 'cool story bro'. Why not just not post at all rather than say that.

Timmer1240
June 14th, 2010, 03:22 AM
Its a great distro!Im sticking with Ubuntu since its got the biggest user base and its running awesome on my computer!The more I use it the more I wanna use it I just cant bring myself to boot xp or win 7 anymore and I just installed windows7 alongside xp then a few weeks after that tryed out Ubuntu installed with wubi.Well I just HAD to repartition again and give it a good home!Now its all I wanna use very fun OS to customize and all the great free software to install WOW!Sooner or later Im gonna back everything up wipe the drive and just duel boot win7 and Ubuntu!Played around with live distros but the true way is to install its been awesome!