PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Netbook Remix Favorites

Holden99ca
June 12th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Hi,

I've searched as much as I can and haven't found anyone with a similar problem so I hope someone can help.

In my favorites screen there is a gap between icons. I've tried adding and subtracting icons from favorites and the gap is always maintained, i.e., the spot where the gap is moves around depending on how many icons you have in favorites but there's always a gap.\

If anyone could assist me with this I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!

Holden99ca
June 15th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Any assistance would be most appreciated. If it helps, the icon arrangment in favorites right now is like this:

X X X X
X O X X
X X

The blank spot is represented by an "O". See the gap on the second row? Hope this helps visualize what I'm talking about.

Holden

kerry_s
June 15th, 2010, 12:56 AM
sounds like theres a program with a missing icon, did you try right clicking the empty spot?

you can delete ~/.gconf/apps/netbook-launcher/Favorites
& start fresh.

Holden99ca
June 15th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Yup I've been right clicking on it but there's no icon there. If I start fresh though, how do I get the help icon back. The others are available in the other areas, e.g., firefox is under internet but the help one isn't available in any of the areas.

kerry_s
June 15th, 2010, 07:04 PM
help is in /usr/share/applications
drag & drop it on the go-home-applet(showdesktop) button to add it to favorites.

Inflamesgod
June 30th, 2010, 02:01 PM
I need to know how to delete the Favorites Menu in Ubuntu 10.04, I am using the Netbook Remix, but I assume everything is about the same. Also, if anyone has a hint of how to change Root file permissions, I am all ears.

Thank you!