PDA

View Full Version : The new Vuze is awesome

98cwitr
June 12th, 2010, 02:43 AM
I dont know if anyone has tried version 4.3.x yet...but the interface is nice and the usability is awesome. Screw transmission :)

EDIT: AND ITS GOT PS3 SUPPORT! My box now shows up as a media server after installing Vuze. Im stoked...awesomeness.

Queue29
June 12th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Vuze is on version 4.4 buddy. And yes, it is awesome. It's the closest thing Linux has to uTorrent.

lovinglinux
June 12th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Personally, I don't like anything Java based, so Vuze is off the table. Nevertheless, i might try it just to see how is doing lately.

I have already used Transmission, Deluge, Ktorrent, Vuze, uTorrent and others. Deluge was my favorite for a long time, then I switched to Ktorrent when switched to KDE and was really happy with it, until I found qBittorrent, which is the fastest client I ever used. The interface is simple and efficient, has a good amount of features and is extremely fast.

98cwitr
June 12th, 2010, 04:14 AM
I was using Java PS3 Server on my NAS as of 20 min ago...now I think Ill just wipe the box and install fedora or win7 or something :)

Viva
June 12th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Such a shame about the license.

98cwitr
June 12th, 2010, 05:44 AM
Such a shame about the license.

que?

Viva
June 12th, 2010, 06:22 AM
The Azureus engine is released under the GNU General Public License, and is free software. However, parts of the recently added Vuze platform carry more restricted licensing terms, and it is no longer possible to install the Azureus engine using the latest installer without first accepting the Vuze license.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vuze