PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Care about Football/Soccer?

Phrea
June 11th, 2010, 09:00 PM
I really don't care about Football/Soccer, so I thought I'd ask about it.

RiceMonster
June 11th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I may watch a bit, though I'm not really that into sports. I mainly watch hockey here and there, and I watch the olympics while they're on. Since Canada never has a team in the world cup (that's right, we're THAT good at soccer!), it makes it a little less interesting for me personally.

KdotJ
June 11th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Really couldn't care less
I may watch some of the England games if they're on in the background but thats it

Phrea
June 11th, 2010, 09:06 PM
LOL, you guys answered while I was still making the poll !! :D
I did not know the post would already have been posted, while the OP is still creating the poll itself. :D

CPPCrispy
June 11th, 2010, 09:10 PM
I am routing for Greece and am only watching those game (for the most part, may watch a few other games). As to if I "Care about Football/Soccer", my answer is, Only if Greece wins.

EDIT: Added to my post.

NightwishFan
June 11th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I like watching at times. It is much more interesting than American Football (far too popular here) in my opinion.

doas777
June 11th, 2010, 09:14 PM
neither abject nationalism nor sporting has ever impressed me much. of course I've never impressed anyone with my sporting or nationalistic tendencies.

Simian Man
June 11th, 2010, 09:21 PM
I may watch a bit, though I'm not really that into sports. I mainly watch hockey here and there, and I watch the olympics while they're on.

Same here. Now that the Stanley Cup is finished (with my team losing), I may watch a bit of Soccer. I won't pull for America though because we win at too much already.

JDShu
June 11th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Of all the "mainstream" sports, baseball and cricket are the only sports that I cannot enjoy watching.

MindSz
June 11th, 2010, 09:35 PM
I don't know about Football or Soccer, but I love Fútbol!! And I think the World Cup is the best sporting event in the world.

forrestcupp
June 11th, 2010, 09:41 PM
I care about football, but not soccer. ;)

squilookle
June 11th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Not a big football fan, but I would like to see WEngland win... why not?

kpholmes
June 11th, 2010, 10:01 PM
I don't know about Football or Soccer, but I love Fútbol!! And I think the World Cup is the best sporting event in the world.

more then the olympics?

m4tic
June 11th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I am a South African and football has always been part of our culture. We drew mexico today but won't make it easy for Uruguay and France. I'm not a nerd so that's why i'm probably one of the most enthusiastic about sport here in these forums, i never spent 2 hours on a computer and i encourage it too, it's predicted most people won't make it to 70 years of age.

MindSz
June 11th, 2010, 10:09 PM
more then the olympics?

For me it is ... In the Olympics you only get U-23 teams, so it's not as good as the World Cup. And even though I enjoy most of the other sports, as a Chilean I have to admit I only really care about fútbol.

eriktheblu
June 11th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Is that the game with the nets?

Kingsley
June 11th, 2010, 10:12 PM
This isn't as exciting as the Super Bowl, but I like a good soccer tournament when I can see one.

Frogs Hair
June 11th, 2010, 10:12 PM
There is a huge youth soccer/football program here , but for the most part , interest in the sport dies after high school .

bgreenaway
June 11th, 2010, 10:15 PM
This isn't as exciting as the Super Bowl, but I like a good soccer tournament when I can see one.

You have got to be joking. You do know there is a reason why nobody else in the world plays American Throwegg?

bgreenaway
June 11th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Very Ubuntu-ish look about the colours in today's opening ceremony.

Kingsley
June 11th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Is that the game with the nets?
Nah, it's the one with vuvuzelas.

m4tic
June 11th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Desmon Tutu rhymes with Ubuntu. Not surprising as he is the man who popularised the name. Lol still can't get the sight of him dancing, the coolest old archbishop ever!

BoneKracker
June 11th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Soccer is a great sport, but Western European and South American meat-heads are too hung up on it.

In the U.S.A., our meat-heads are hung up on handegg (U.S. football), baseball, and basketball.

m4tic
June 11th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Soccer is a great sport, but Western European and South American meat-heads are too hung up on it.

In the U.S.A., our meat-heads are hung up on handegg (U.S. football), baseball, and basketball.

Sports not popular to the world except basketball

Cam42
June 11th, 2010, 10:45 PM
I don't care much for soccer, until the World Cup rolls around. Then I'm all over it.

mick222
June 11th, 2010, 10:47 PM
I'll watch as much as I can and support anybody but England. Sorry to upset the English people here but I'm Scottish and couldn't stand another 44 years of gloating.Honest I like most English people Its just the sports commentators who constantly mention 1966.

beercz
June 11th, 2010, 11:03 PM
more then the olympics?
I would say so, you don't get the same crowds at the Olympics as you do with the World Cup - in England at least, when England are playing the the world cup, most of the country stops - people are watching England in bars, pubs, in their homes, at work - anywhere!

That doesn't really happen when the Olympics are on.

Come on England!

PS I care about football and I play 5-a-side every week (I am 48 btw).