PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Downgrading....with some doubts

vamc
June 11th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Hi,

I have been using Lucid since it is released and am not happy with it. So I wish to downgrade to Karmic once again. But here I have a problem: in Karmic I could not get sound output for 3gp videos in movie player and also there is a problem with gif files in image viewer. These have been solved in Lucid. Is there any way that I can use Lucid's Movie player and Image viewer in Karmic. All other applications are fine. I have problem with these applications only. Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Sef
June 11th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I have been using Lucid since it is released and am not happy with it. So I wish to downgrade to Karmic once again. But here I have a problem: in Karmic I could not get sound output for 3gp videos in movie player and also there is a problem with gif files in image viewer. These have been solved in Lucid. Is there any way that I can use Lucid's Movie player and Image viewer in Karmic. All other applications are fine. I have problem with these applications only. Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

If Lucid and Karmic use the same dependencies for the programs, then you should not have a problem; however, if the dependencies are different, then you would almost certainly run into major problems. To check the dependencies, go here (http://packages.ubuntu.com).