PDA

View Full Version : Lucid Lynx -10.04 Release

bra|10n
June 11th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Am I alone here or are others too becoming a little suspicious of the tone/topic of some of the threads that have been appearing here lately?
These forums are a great place to discuss and further our user's experiences regarding Ubuntu, resolve issues, tweak etc
To coin a phrase, 'It takes all types to make the world go 'round', and these forums are no different with respect to the differing views and opinions of Ubuntu and its future direction, I regrettably have the feeling lately that some op's are here and posting merely for a reaction from others.
While I feel for those experiencing issues with Lucid, and I guess frustrated trying to improve their individual setups, I really am at a loss to explain some of the language being used in some threads; this is broken, how could they (dev) release this, or even simply 'Why?'
I suggest if as users, you are able to make such categorical statements then it almost implies a degree of competency and ability and hence the skills to not only fix your own issues, but contribute your knowledge and expertise for the betterment of the wider Ubuntu community.

proggy
June 11th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Amen!

jimliu54
June 11th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Gnome version is great than ever , but i found KDE is not as goog as Gnome