PDA

View Full Version : Any Canadians with WIND Mobile?

sudoer541
June 11th, 2010, 02:12 AM
Today I got a call from my brother in Toronto. He was very excited cuz he switched to WIND Mobile (cellphone service provider) and now he can call me anytime for free with his unlimited province wide incoming and outgoing plan. When I call him he wont get charged extra money. He pays only $35 for his unlimited plan! :eek:
He told me that WIND Mobile will be available in London Ontario soon.
I cant wait to join! :p:KS
any Canadians with WIND Mobile?
How is it? What do you (dis)like about it?

seanelly
June 11th, 2010, 02:28 AM
No, but I will be looking for a new provider soon as my 3yr telus plan is up. Too bad, 'cause my plan was somewhat of a loophole and is a killer deal. Looking around I'm shocked as to how much everyone charges for an inferior product.

themarker0
June 11th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Once they come to my city, i'll buy it. They have such better service from what i hear.

sudoer541
June 11th, 2010, 04:51 AM
I am with Fido and I pay $35+ for 350 minutes and its not enough!!!
I really like what WIND is offering!!!
I love the unlimited province-wide-voice, no activation fee, no services access fee, no 911 fee, free caller ID and the best of all... no contracts!!!
I cant wait until they launch here in L.O.
My brother was very pleased with his plan and signal strength of the network. (he kept bragging about it:mad:)

WIND... London Ontario is waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!):P
Once they come here, I will get their $70 huwawi phone...yay!!!:p:lolflag:

cariboo
June 11th, 2010, 05:03 AM
It looks like it will be about 10 years before it arrives in Williams Lake, I'll stick with my by-the-second billing plan from Telus.

It looks like they may be affiliated with Rogers, as Mind's away zone is exactly the same as the Rogers regular network.

sudoer541
June 11th, 2010, 05:14 AM
It looks like it will be about 10 years before it arrives in Williams Lake, I'll stick with my by-the-second billing plan from Telus.

It looks like they may be affiliated with Rogers, as Mind's away zone is exactly the same as the Rogers regular network.

I started reading on their forums, and it looks like they expand their network very quickly!
I just realized WIND Mobile is a new company, so it will take some time to expand their network.
It looks like WIND charges its customers a flat fee (25 cents per minute) for roaming once they go out of the serviceable area.
My brother lives close to Toronto downtown and his friend used to lose signal with Wind, but his problem was fixed quickly.

btw is Rogers available in British Columbia? I though Shaw was exclusive to western Canada?

cariboo
June 11th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Rogers only does cell phone service here, one of my nephews does tower inspections for them, he gets to travel all over the province taking pictures of cell towers. :)

sudoer541
June 11th, 2010, 05:34 AM
Rogers only does cell phone service here, one of my nephews does tower inspections for them, he gets to travel all over the province taking pictures of cell towers. :)

Wow, that looks kinda like fun!:p
So instead of looking at his vacation pictures in Cuba ...he looks at his pictures taken close to a cellphone tower taken in British Columbia.. Cool!!!. :lolflag:

seanelly
June 11th, 2010, 07:11 AM

All 3 of them? :p

cariboo
June 11th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Actually I know of at least 4 maybe 5. :)

sudoer541
June 11th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Ok am kinda excited!!!:p
On the WIND forums there is a rumor that WIND is coming to London Ontario before the end of the year!!!! yay!!!!!