PDA

View Full Version : iPod Classic (160GB) compatibility with Banshee?

JMisczak
June 11th, 2010, 01:39 AM
Hey all,

Was considering buying an iPod Classic to hold my entire music and video library. I want to synchronize it with Banshee on Ubuntu 10.04. Has anyone experienced any problems with it, or does it work perfectly? I just want some opinions before I go spend money on it.

OLDMANHOOK
June 11th, 2010, 08:32 AM
My Classic has about 60 Movies (Mp4) Over 2500 Music (Mainly Mp3, Some Acc) Photos etc Banshee Did Not Work for Me hard to export and sync Files hangs up during sync, Most of the time if you have loaded cover art since last update you end up with 2 copies of the song gave up sync on windows pc using media monkey,rhythmbox and gtkpod works better if you try to use banshee make sure you back up your files learned the hard way.

One thing Windows and OS 10 is good for IS To Sync Your I-Pod/IPhone

If You Get it to work Please Post.

gcintra
June 17th, 2010, 09:16 PM
I also had lots of problems with Banshee and iPod 160GB. Quite difficult to sync, iPod ratings are not transfered to the pc, album art does not transfer and sometimes it simply stop recognizing the iPod data as music

gnomeuser
June 17th, 2010, 09:29 PM
I believe we are currently waiting for Alan McGoverns libgpod-sharp work and the udev bindings to land before proper support for the newer generation Apple devices will be present. Luckily this is likely going to happen in the next few weeks (git master).

nothingspecial
June 17th, 2010, 10:23 PM
My iPod (160GB) classic, works fine with gtkpod.

I use guayadeque to listen to my music (see sig)

The point is, you won`t waste your money, but I have no idea weather or not it works or not with banshee.

It will probably work with rhythmbox (musically) because it uses the same libgpod backend for ipod management (also amarok, I believe but am not sure).

However, if I were to spend my money again, I would look for an mp3/4 player that supports drag and drop and loads of codecs, unlike an iPod.

Oh, and I found out a few months ago ......... you shouldn`t use an iPod in a sauna.

gsiliceo
July 6th, 2010, 02:41 AM
It doesnt work in banshee but it works pretty good in Rhythmbox i really use the heaviest itunes features so i use virtualbox for my sync'ing needs.

d3v1150m471c
July 6th, 2010, 02:48 AM
gtkpod is your friend