PDA

View Full Version : What do you prefer to upload videos to??? Vimeo BlipTV?

shane2peru
June 10th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Ok, which is better to setup a free account with? I included Youtube, but don't plan on using it. 10 min limit isn't working with me.

What video host do you use:

1. Why do you prefer your video host?

2. Have you recently uploaded videos?

3. Do size limitations affect you?

4. Does quality matter?

Shane

lovinglinux
June 11th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Since most of my videos are tutorials, I use YouTube, because of the captions feature.

shane2peru
June 11th, 2010, 01:53 AM
I'm sure that YouTube will be most popular as it is most known, so if you use something else, by all means please tell us the benefits of it! We (I) want to know. :)

Thanks for the response.

Shane

castrojo
June 11th, 2010, 02:07 AM
We use blip.tv for the ubuntu developer's channel because it let's us mass upload videos via ftp, supports theora, auto encodes it to flash, AND pushes it out to youtube and miro, it's pretty awesome.

http://ubuntudevelopers.blip.tv/posts?view=archive&nsfw=dc

shane2peru
June 11th, 2010, 03:04 AM
We use blip.tv for the ubuntu developer's channel because it let's us mass upload videos via ftp, supports theora, auto encodes it to flash, AND pushes it out to youtube and miro, it's pretty awesome.

http://ubuntudevelopers.blip.tv/posts?view=archive&nsfw=dc

I have heard that blipTV allows ftp, that a definite plus for them. AS for the Theora, I didn't know that. That is good news too! Thanks for the input!

Shane

shane2peru
June 29th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Ok, went with Blip.tv, I guess this poll was kind of a flop. :) Not enough interest, I guess. Perhaps we will generate a few more votes before it closes down.

Shane

JustinR
July 29th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Ok, which is better to setup a free account with? I included Youtube, but don't plan on using it. 10 min limit isn't working with me.

What video host do you use:

1. Why do you prefer your video host?

2. Have you recently uploaded videos?

3. Do size limitations affect you?

4. Does quality matter?

Shane

Youtube offers unlimited video length if you account is 'Director'. Its free. Just go into profile settings and set as Director.

I'm assuming your making your own videos but Youtube won't mind if your uploading other random stuff. Youtube also offers great web technology's like 1080p and HTML5.

Edit: Wow, this thread is 4 weeks old, I apologize... It was on the first page so I didn't realize. :oops:

shane2peru
July 29th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Youtube offers unlimited video length if you account is 'Director'. Its free. Just go into profile settings and set as Director.

I'm assuming your making your own videos but Youtube won't mind if your uploading other random stuff. Youtube also offers great web technology's like 1080p and HTML5.

Edit: Wow, this thread is 4 weeks old, I apologize... It was on the first page so I didn't realize. :oops:

That is ok, thanks for the info, I didn't realize that Youtube offered longer than a 10min video. It is an old thread, and didn't generate a lot of interest, so any info is still appreciated.

Shane

Lucradia
July 29th, 2010, 06:39 PM
That is ok, thanks for the info, I didn't realize that Youtube offered longer than a 10min video. It is an old thread, and didn't generate a lot of interest, so any info is still appreciated.

Shane

Good thing that 10 minute limit has been increased for everyone...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-20012090-248.html