PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] mount: mountting none on /dev failed: no such device

l0uismustdie
June 10th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Hello. Last night I performed the auto upgrade to Ubuntu 10.01 and upon restart of my machine I am presented with 3 screens. The first is a simple "GRUB loading". The second is "mount: mountting none on /dev failed: no such device". The third screen is a series of initializations, i.e. /dev/sda1: clean, (number of files), (number of blocks)
*setting preliminary keymap...
and so on until it hits the line:
*checking battery status
at which point it will cease loading until i press the power button. The next thing that occurs is it kills all the processes it just initialized and shuts down the computer.

I read that this is likely a problem from loading the wrong kernel but I can't even boot far enough to get into a command line to try to fix things.

Thanks in advance,
Josh

l0uismustdie
June 15th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Hello again. Just wondering if there is anyone out there who can help me with this. I am hesitant to try some of the ideas I have because there are some files on this machine that I would sincerely like to retrieve.

Thanks,
Josh

chaitanyajun12
December 27th, 2010, 07:52 PM
hi guys can any one help me with the same problem i have got.

i am trying to compile the new kernel 2.6.36.2 ..
grub entry is shown and while booting this error is coming and the same symptoms as well.

plz do help me guys.,

eagerly waiting for a reply,
Chaitanya.